R10K deploy module module_name doesn't update Puppetfile of environments

Simon Tremblay

Dec 1, 2014, 8:14:16 AM12/1/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried to find in r10k documentation about what to expect when doing a r10k deploy module module_name command but I didn't find explicit behavior for Puppetfile.

What I understand is if I want an updated Puppetfile (from Control Repo) I must run r10k deploy environment command. Otherwise, Puppetfile will not be updated.

I just wanted to know if it is the expected behavior.

Thanks,

Simon

Jeremy T. Bouse

Dec 1, 2014, 10:41:56 AM12/1/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

Think of the Puppetfile like a Puppet manifest... It is a desired
end-state declaration... You don't just run r10k to update a single
module, you run the deploy environment to deploy that environment to
make it match what the Puppetfile specifies. In this case an r10k
environment is a branch from the control repository that you r10k config
points to.