how to exports facts from puppetdb

kaustubh chaudhari

Nov 21, 2013, 10:53:20 PM11/21/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can i export all the facts for all the nodes from puppetdb in cvs/xls format.

My objective is to us Business Object or some other tool for creating my infrastructure reports.

Can someone help/redirect me to the right documentation?

Kaustubh

Deepak Giridharagopal

Nov 21, 2013, 11:04:11 PM11/21/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
See the documentation here:

In a nutshell, you can do something like: curl http://localhost:8080/v3/facts

...that will return all the facts for all systems as a JSON object. You can take that and then transform it to CSV using Perl/Python/Ruby/JS or any other language or tool with JSON support.

Hope that helps,
deepak

Kaustubh

kaustubh chaudhari