puppet dashboard nodes show as Unresponsive

staceyt...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2015, 8:48:03 PM4/24/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using open source Puppet 3.7.3 with Dashboard.

My puppet agent seems working fine, but on Dashboard, most nodes show as Unresponsive.

I have restarted puppet-dashboard-workers, but still no help.

Any clue?

Thanks,
Stacey

Walid

Apr 25, 2015, 4:19:54 AM4/25/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
the node usually shows unresponsive if it did not report back within the unresponsive threshold time, how often you are running the agents, and how, what is the frequency of reports already received?

staceyt...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2015, 9:38:20 AM4/27/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After many tests, I partially figured it out:

We created a "base-group" to include some classes, then created another child/derived "sub-group" to include "base-group" and some classes.
Then if a node is added to "sub-group", its status becomes unresponsive.

If I add this node to an independent group, everything works fine. The status shows as changed or unchanged.

So here comes the question: is this a puppet bug? Or I did something wrong when creating groups this way?

Thanks,
Stacey