puppet 3 to 2016.4

kevin

Oct 12, 2016, 3:31:02 AM10/12/16
to Puppet Users
how does a enterprise work on the puppet moving on puppet 3 to 2016.4
 can any one give me the complete description of all the steps included.

Rob Nelson

Oct 12, 2016, 7:00:12 AM10/12/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Check out the docs at https://docs.puppet.com/upgrade/

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, kevin <klsam...@gmail.com> wrote:
how does a enterprise work on the puppet moving on puppet 3 to 2016.4
 can any one give me the complete description of all the steps included.

kevin

Oct 12, 2016, 2:06:10 PM10/12/16
to Puppet Users
What scripting language will they be using  for the moving much of Ruby2.0 dependency or python

Lowe Schmidt

Oct 12, 2016, 4:01:09 PM10/12/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I dont't quite understand, could you rephrase the question?

--
Lowe Schmidt | +46 723 867 157

kevin

Oct 13, 2016, 4:25:44 PM10/13/16
to Puppet Users
how do they do that.What scripting language will thy be using for the.
I looked at the docs but they were quite confusing.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 6:00:12 AM UTC-5, Rob Nelson wrote:
Check out the docs at https://docs.puppet.com/upgrade/

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, kevin <klsam...@gmail.com> wrote:
how does a enterprise work on the puppet moving on puppet 3 to 2016.4
 can any one give me the complete description of all the steps included.

Henrik Lindberg

Oct 13, 2016, 5:16:58 PM10/13/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On 13/10/16 22:25, kevin wrote:
> how do they do that.

Who is they?
Do what?

> What scripting language will thy be using for the.

For the what?

Puppet is mostly written in Ruby.
Modules and your manifests are written in the Puppet Language.

Upgrading from puppet 3.x to 4.x means that you not only have to update
puppet itself, but also make sure the modules you use and your code is
compliant with version 4 of the puppet language.

The documentation you are referring to is about how to do that.

I hope that helps and answers your questions.

- henrik

> I looked at the docs but they were quite confusing.
>

> On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 3:01:09 PM UTC-5, Lowe Schmidt wrote:
>
> I dont't quite understand, could you rephrase the question?
>
> --
> Lowe Schmidt | +46 723 867 157
>
> On 12 October 2016 at 20:06, kevin <klsam...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> What scripting language will they be using for the moving much
> of Ruby2.0 dependency or python
>
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 6:00:12 AM UTC-5, Rob Nelson
> wrote:
>
> Check out the docs at https://docs.puppet.com/upgrade/
> <https://docs.puppet.com/upgrade/>
>
> On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, kevin <klsam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> how does a enterprise work on the puppet moving on
> puppet 3 to 2016.4
> can any one give me the complete description of all the
> steps included.

> from it, send an email to
> puppet-users...@googlegroups.com.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/1b80712a-f7f5-4e42-b547-52148b82fb81%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/1b80712a-f7f5-4e42-b547-52148b82fb81%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
>
> Rob Nelson
> rnel...@gmail.com

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/0f1d49d4-e924-4ef0-abfc-9bdbee0862fb%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/0f1d49d4-e924-4ef0-abfc-9bdbee0862fb%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/b64bf053-32a2-44f5-abd0-1528f57f9a25%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/b64bf053-32a2-44f5-abd0-1528f57f9a25%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Visit my Blog "Puppet on the Edge"
http://puppet-on-the-edge.blogspot.se/

kevin

Oct 13, 2016, 5:36:19 PM10/13/16
to Puppet Users
Thanks for the reply.
It helped the. how long does it usually take to migrate.90 days will be fine