Extend data_provider lookups to eyaml in the 4.7.x Puppet implementation

Stan Chan

Dec 12, 2016, 4:19:16 PM12/12/16
to Puppet Developers
Hi Puppet Devs,

I'm trying to extend the data_provider lookup types to support eyaml for the v4 implementation of Hiera. Has anyone started down this path and/or can provide some suggestions as to how best to extend the 4.7.x codebase to support this?

Thanks
Stan

Henrik Lindberg

Dec 13, 2016, 5:47:24 AM12/13/16
to puppe...@googlegroups.com
Stan, we are doing quite a lot with lookup and "data providers" in
puppet 4.9.0 to make it really simple to write new "backends/data
providers". The work named "hiera 5" is based on functions.
I am in the process of writing up documentation for that now.

Love to help out in getting this work done for EYAML and I am happy to
help out. Are you by any chance in Slack and/or participating in today's
Hack day? I think it would be best to work out where to start in an
interactive fashion rather than trying to convey everything there is to
know in a post like this.

- henrik
(helindbe in one form or another on Slack, IRC, etc).

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/422dc9c5-9717-41dc-bb18-35e8ee03b529%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-dev/422dc9c5-9717-41dc-bb18-35e8ee03b529%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Visit my Blog "Puppet on the Edge"
http://puppet-on-the-edge.blogspot.se/