send facts once again after catalog applied

Aditya Gupta

Aug 18, 2016, 1:48:29 AM8/18/16
to Puppet Developers
Hello All,

Here is the steps of complete puppet run for client :

1. puppet client send facts to the puppet server
2. puppet server compile catalog and send back to puppet client machine
3. puppet client apply compiled catalog
4. send report back to the server.

But here is i have requirement where some custom facts variable changed after catalog applied.

Is there possibility to refresh facts after step 3 as mentioned above.

I do not want to run puppet again to refresh facts.

Thanks,
Aditya

Craig Dunn

Aug 22, 2016, 3:53:12 AM8/22/16
to puppe...@googlegroups.com

See

# puppet help facts upload

That sounds like what you want... you may need to tweak your auth.conf settings too.

Enviatics     |      Automation and Configuration Management
Puppet Labs Service Delivery Partner & Certified Consultant

Reid Vandewiele

Aug 22, 2016, 3:06:14 PM8/22/16
to Puppet Developers
On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 12:53:12 AM UTC-7, Craig Dunn wrote:

See

# puppet help facts upload

That sounds like what you want... you may need to tweak your auth.conf settings too.

I think `puppet facts upload` was removed in Puppet 4, unfortunately. There's this ticket currently open: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-5934

Because puppetserver won't accept facts directly (it'll only accept them as part of a catalog request) I don't know if there's a reasonable workaround that's doable today.