what should be the ideal responce time for 8.8.8.8 ?

rautel...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 6:07:21 AM11/21/18
to public-dns-discuss
Please help me to get the ideal response time for Google open DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 .

Means what should be the Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds (Average) when I ping 8.8.8.8 .

If its depends on location, please tell me what should be the value for Noida India.

Thanks in Advance.

Alex Dupuy

Nov 21, 2018, 12:25:39 PM11/21/18
to public-dns-discuss
ICMP (or even UDP) ping isn't measuring DNS resolution time.

For the resolution time (including the network latencies that ping also measures), you may find some approximately typical values at DNSPerf. These are only at the continental level so there isn't anything specific to India or China.

It is likely you may see differences between latency to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.