8.8.8.8 ping is too high rather that other ISP available near by us why??? this

subhas...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2018, 10:43:27 AM9/7/18
to public-dns-discuss
Dear Member,

Can you help me out check and resolved this problem as we are ISP and we have direct peering with Google for google content
but when we are going to PING 8.8.8.8 its latency is too high,, rather than our Network other ISP has no issue regarding high MS.
due to this high ms number of customer comparing us with different ISP and we dont have any answer for this why this????

Alex Dupuy

Sep 7, 2018, 11:58:48 AM9/7/18
to public-dns-discuss
Unless there are problems getting DNS responses, latency from a particular network to 8.8.8.8 is somewhat out of scope for this forum. And in general, ICMP ping latency is
not a useful measurement (https://peering.google.com/#/learn-more/faq) although latency on ICMP traceroutes can sometimes be helpful in diagnosing the source of a problem.

Please include a traceroute from (a host on) your network to 8.8.8.8. Details on your direct peering might be helpful.

However, to reach the people who may be able to help you, you should really try the Peering Customer Portal (https://isp.google.com) or by e-mail at g...@google.com.

sυвнαsн.

Sep 14, 2018, 4:22:13 PM9/14/18
to alex...@google.com, public-dn...@googlegroups.com