8.8.8.8 Seems to be Down

rjcq...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2018, 12:20:50 PM11/21/18
to public-dns-discuss
I cannot resolve to 8.8.8.8, but 8.8.4.4 works. Is there an issue with 8.8.8.8?

Nick

Nov 21, 2018, 12:40:43 PM11/21/18
to public-dns-discuss
Can confirm, we have one site that cannot route to 8.8.8.8, but can to 8.8.4.4. We can at multiple other sites, so it appears to only be a partial outage. They are also failing to deliver emails to certain other sites, so it may be an ISP partial outage instead. AT&T is the ISP for this site.

Alex Dupuy

Nov 21, 2018, 12:48:42 PM11/21/18
to public-dns-discuss
Nick wrote:
Can confirm, we have one site that cannot route to 8.8.8.8, but can to 8.8.4.4... it may be an ISP partial outage instead. AT&T is the ISP for this site.

Nick and rjcq – what is the geographic area of your locations where 8.8.8.8 is unreachable?

Rocco Cretacci

Nov 21, 2018, 12:58:22 PM11/21/18
to alex...@google.com, public-dn...@googlegroups.com
I am in PST, but it seems to have resolved. I can now resolve names from 8.8.8.8

Alex Dupuy

Dec 3, 2018, 10:56:59 AM12/3/18
to public-dns-discuss