Some of domains from ionos not resolving correctly only with google public DNS

marc.c...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2019, 2:17:28 PM8/21/19
to public-dns-discuss
Hi DNS team,

We are experiencing google specific DNS resolving issue.
We are managing multiple websites and some of their domains are resolved using old values or not at all.

Example, we are managing www.nfldcamera.com
This domain is handle by ionos hosting and is currently being resolved by any other DNS by a A record on 162.209.103.46.
It is by most of public DNS like CLoudfare but Google is still responding old CNAME record on
Check https://dnschecker.org/#A/www.nfldcamera.com, only google is responding this.

Another example, we are managing mikescamera.com
This domain was migrated from A record to CNAME record weeks ago. It was well working since then,
But recently Google public DNS is not able to resolve it responding with a timeout.
All other public DNS seems to work correctly, only Google public DNS is showing this strange behaviour.
https://dnschecker.org/#A/mikescamera.com

Regards,
Marc Cesarine @ dakis.com

marc.c...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 11:59:30 AM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
Note that SOA is well responding correct answer despite Google public DNS

$ dig SOA mikescamera.com

; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.8-Ubuntu <<>> SOA mikescamera.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mikescamera.com.        IN    SOA

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mikescamera.com.    7162    IN    SOA    ns57.1and1.com. hostmaster.1and1.com. 2017012302 28800 7200 604800 300

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 22 10:02:11 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 102

$ dig @ns57.1and1.com mikescamera.com

; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.8-Ubuntu <<>> @ns57.1and1.com mikescamera.com
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1220
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mikescamera.com.        IN    A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
mikescamera.com.    3600    IN    A    162.209.103.46

;; Query time: 41 msec
;; SERVER: 217.160.82.32#53(217.160.82.32)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 22 10:01:45 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 60

$ dig @8.8.8.8 mikescamera.com

; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.8-Ubuntu <<>> @8.8.8.8 mikescamera.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 4610
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;mikescamera.com.        IN    A

;; Query time: 11 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 22 10:05:22 EDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 44

k.mi...@1stteamad.com

Aug 22, 2019, 11:59:30 AM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I believe I am having the same issue. I also use Ionos and all of my domains that I have on one server are not working with Google's public DNS. If they have been moved from a previous server to the affected one, then when pinged they resolve the IP address of the previous server. If they are new, they do not resolve at all. All sites were working yesterday without issue.

cesar.abed...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 11:59:30 AM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I can't access some subdomains with google dns. they're also with ionos.

ki...@habitaware.com

Aug 22, 2019, 11:59:30 AM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
We are also seeing this, habitaware.com is handled by 1&1/ionos and was working fine until yesterday, and only Google DNS is showing the issue.

pra...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 11:59:30 AM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I also had issues pop up within the last 24 hours for my domain, which also happens to be on ionos/1and1.

slas...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 12:00:19 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I'm having the same problem.  Commenting to get any updates on the issue.

philipp...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 12:02:00 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I currently have the same issues, also with IONOS.

I was surprised to see a old website when going to one of my domain.
I also have few domains reporting the wrong IPs and some other not responding at all with dnschecker.org

I've had a live chat with IONOS and they told me that the issue is with Google Public DNS.
They kept telling me there is nothing they can do to fix on their side and redirected me here.

I will share the domains privately if needed.

Thank you.

i...@valleyfiber.ca

Aug 22, 2019, 12:02:01 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
Hello,

We too are experiencing the exact same issue with our subdomains. Google DNS cannot resolve some of our websites as of late yesterday afternoon. One of the websites we are having issues is: www.cloud.valleyfiber.ca

Performing nslookup using Google Public DNS servers (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) shows "dns.google can't find cloud.valleyfiber.ca: Non-existent"

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
IT Support @ Valley Fiber LTD

d.keith...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 12:02:18 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
Same issue here. Only happening with my domains hosted with IONOS but registered elsewhere. Sites resolve fine with any other DNS server.

Andrzej Swietek

Aug 22, 2019, 2:23:02 PM8/22/19
to marc.c...@gmail.com, public-dns-discuss
andrzejs-air:~ andrzej$ dig www.nfldcamera.com @8.8.8.8

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> www.nfldcamera.com @8.8.8.8

;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.nfldcamera.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.nfldcamera.com. 3599 IN CNAME front-rp.mydakis.com.
front-rp.mydakis.com. 1799 IN A 162.209.103.46

;; Query time: 100 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Thu Aug 22 18:27:06 CEST 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 94

jleb...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 2:24:57 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss

The question is who do we need to contact in order to fix?

ste...@sacerdos.fr

Aug 22, 2019, 2:24:57 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
Same problem here. Nothing changed on our end.
dig @8.8.8.8 sacerdos.fr

; <<>> DiG 9.11.5-P1-1ubuntu2.5-Ubuntu <<>> @8.8.8.8 sacerdos.fr
; (1 server found)

;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 1924
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;sacerdos.fr.            IN    A

;; Query time: 148 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: jeu. août 22 13:10:24 AST 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 40

dig @4.2.2.1 sacerdos.fr

; <<>> DiG 9.11.5-P1-1ubuntu2.5-Ubuntu <<>> @4.2.2.1 sacerdos.fr
; (1 server found)

;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 8192
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;sacerdos.fr.            IN    A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
sacerdos.fr.        3600    IN    A    217.160.0.149

;; Query time: 173 msec
;; SERVER: 4.2.2.1#53(4.2.2.1)
;; WHEN: jeu. août 22 13:10:18 AST 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 56

li...@malingyun.com

Aug 22, 2019, 2:24:57 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
The same issue with IONOS, I just created a post at https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/public-dns-discuss/9450d128-3e93-4264-a4c8-a5579dbe457e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

concordtours.ca @ns1035.ui-dns.biz which is register's name server to 35.182.37.18. The resolution was correct then changed to some value of 1 month ago

cesar.abed...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 2:24:57 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I have the same problem google is not solving my IONOS domains with the public dns of gooogle.

slas...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 2:24:58 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
I didn't mention that my domain was also on 1and1 IONOS.  They are reporting website outages, I'm calling them now.

marc.c...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2019, 2:51:07 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss
So my issue seems clairly related to https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139870676
If Google workaround is working, I suppose I need to wait standard DNS propagation delay (24 hours) ;)

Regards,

li...@malingyun.com

Aug 22, 2019, 2:51:07 PM8/22/19
to public-dns-discuss