Failure to resolve site

BBa...@whelen.com

Nov 19, 2018, 10:29:54 AM11/19/18
to public-dns-discuss
I'm having trouble understanding why google public DNS fails to resolve my site. We have a shared IP hosting several sites. All of the following results in a "Server failed" error. Our hosting company and domain management company have both stated they are 100% confident our DNS is set up correctly. However, since this fails, I'm hesitant to believe everything is ok. Most people have no trouble getting to the site, but people from several companies in London (and other parts of Europe) are having trouble.

Any assistance is much appreciated. Thanks.

nslookup whelen.eu 8.8.8.8

nslookup whelen.eu 8.8.4.4

*** google-public-dns-b.google.com can' find whelen.eu: Server failed.

Alex Dupuy

Nov 19, 2018, 10:34:28 AM11/19/18
to public-dns-discuss
The 'whelen.eu' zone has a DNSSEC misconfiguration.
The parent zone 'eu' has a DS record for 'whelen'
but the 'whelen.eu' zone has no DNSKEY record.

To fix this, contact your registrar to request that they
remove the DS record for 'whelen.eu'
in the 'eu' zone.

'whelen.eu' is in 'whelen.eu' zone under .EU
'whelen.eu' is failing DNSSEC validation, and has
1 nameserver in 'ns1.whelen.com' ('ns1.whelen.com' is failing validation)
1 nameserver in 'ns2.whelen.com' ('ns2.whelen.com' is failing validation)

'whelen.eu' is registered through 'Corporation Service Company'

BBa...@whelen.com

Nov 19, 2018, 6:11:23 PM11/19/18
to public-dns-discuss
Much appreciated! We had to remove the DS record although DNSSEC wasn't even enabled. We're not sure how that record got created to begin with either. Anyhow, we're all set, thanks again.