Can’t get TXT result for 71.129.160.5.3000000000012.sb-adfe2ko9.senderbase.org

whatthe...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2018, 8:40:24 AM10/25/18
to public-dns-discuss

Hello,

I am suspecting a cache issue somewhere at the Google side but I can’t figure out where is the issue exactly.

As you can check from your side using “nslookup -q=txt 71.129.160.5.3000000000012.sb-adfe2ko9.senderbase.org 208.67.222.222” it always works and returns a result.
But the same command line against 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 always fails with a timeout from France.

Using “dig TXT +noadditional +noquestion +nocomments +nocmd +nostats +trace 163.93.96.84.3000000000012.sb-adfe2ko9.senderbase.org@8.8.8.8”, you’ll see that everything seems fine.

Could you please help me to understand what is the root cause of this behavior ?

Do not hesitate if you have any suggestions / ideas.

Please note that this issue started to occur last Friday and that I don’t want just to solve the issue but at first to understand the root cause.

Thank you,

Jonathan Derrough

Oct 25, 2018, 8:47:28 AM10/25/18
to public-dns-discuss
Hi,

This looks similar to the issue I raised here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/public-dns-discuss/IMJqWD7fNuk

whatthe...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2018, 11:19:41 AM10/26/18
to public-dns-discuss
The issue seems to have been solved by itself 1 week after it started.
I can't explain what happened and how it could have last so long time... if someone has an idea, do not hesitate.

Alex Dupuy

Oct 30, 2018, 9:45:53 AM10/30/18
to public-dns-discuss
The issue seems to have been solved by itself 1 week after it started.
I can't explain what happened and how it could have last so long time... if someone has an idea, do not hesitate.

whatthe...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2018, 5:16:32 AM11/12/18
to public-dns-discuss
Hi Alex,