Google DNS not resolving a hotel Brighthouse WiFi splash screen

drcr...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2019, 9:32:47 AM1/31/19
to public-dns-discuss
Google DNS is not resolving a La Quinta Inn and Suites Brighthouse/Spectrum Wi-Fi splash screen. Switching back to my home internet service providers DNS servers resolves the problem. The splash screen is supposed to automatically appear where you then enter the code for WiFi. If I enter the URL for the splash screen directly into the browser, after several minutes it states in cannot connect to the URL because it can't find it.

  • The date and time you encountered the problem
continuoulsly since I started using Google DNS

  • Your location
La Quinta Inn and Suites North, Bakersfield, CA

  • The platform on which you are noticing the problem (e.g. Mac, Windows, router, etc.)
Mac (my laptop will connect to the hotels router, but the splash screen does not appear

  • The hostname(s) for which you are having a problem

  • Whether the problem is continuous or intermittent
continuous

  • The links to the tools' name server diagnosis report page
unknown

unknown