dns.google.com returns OK but 8.8.8.8 does not resolv

c8hn...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2018, 3:18:45 PM12/10/18
to public-dns-discuss
Hi all,

One of my domain has trouble to get resolved by a few DNS servers, especially google dns. It get resolv by almost all other.

IP: 88.167.163.142

Result using dns.google.com
"Answer": [
    {
      "name": "naze.si.eu.org.",
      "type": 1,
      "TTL": 1799,
      "data": "88.167.163.142"
    }

Result using dig naze.si.eu.org @8.8.8.8
; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> naze.si.eu.org @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 35750
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;naze.si.eu.org.                        IN      A

https://dnschecker.org/#A/naze.si.eu.org reports 4 errors but all other DNS resolv correctly naze.si.eu.org
http://dnsviz.net/ reports no errors, only warning.

It used to work fine from 2014 til last week.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Message has been deleted

Alex Dupuy

Dec 18, 2018, 7:03:28 AM12/18/18
to public-dns-discuss

One of my domain has trouble to get resolved by a few DNS servers, especially google dns. It get resolv by almost all other.

IP: 88.167.163.142

The DNSSEC signatures for the si.eu.org zone have expired; http://dnsviz.net/d/naze.si.eu.org/XBjgdg/dnssec/

You need to check the DNSSEC signing processes for this zone and make sure they are running properly.

Result using dns.google.com
"Answer": [
    {
      "name": "naze.si.eu.org.",
      "type": 1,
      "TTL": 1799,
      "data": "88.167.163.142"
    }

This result must have been with the DNSSEC slider turned off.

Result using dig naze.si.eu.org @8.8.8.8
; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> naze.si.eu.org @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 35750
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;naze.si.eu.org.                        IN      A

https://dnschecker.org/#A/naze.si.eu.org reports 4 errors but all other DNS resolv correctly naze.si.eu.org
http://dnsviz.net/ reports no errors, only warning.

 When looking at DNSViz.net, it will display the last result by default, you need to Update to get it to re-analyze your domain.

c8hn...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2018, 11:03:34 AM12/19/18
to public-dns-discuss
In fact I did not have a look at the dnssec section since I did not use it before.
I asked for dnskey update for si.eu.org, it was done quite immediately.
dnsviz is now ok.
Google public DNS is also resolving the domain.

Thank you Alex.