Nodal Point

colchagua007

Sep 10, 2021, 9:51:47 AM9/10/21
to PTGui Support
Dear Friends, it has been a long time since I been in contact PTGUI has grown and become better and more sophisticated so it looks like I been left behind.
My question is as follows does the Nodal point on the Tokina 10-17 changes if you suing it with the Canon "R" or "R6", as you have to use it with the adaptor? the sensor it is further back than what it use to be.
The reason for my question is because I am getting quite a lot of slashes when I create the stitching.
The camera "R6" is mounted on a ring which in turn fits into the ATOME Rotator panoramic head.

kind regards,

Rodrigo

John Houghton

Sep 10, 2021, 10:13:31 AM9/10/21
to PTGui Support
Rodrigo, I hope you are well.  Your question has a simple answer:  the nodal point (or more correctly - the entrance pupil or no-parallax point) is a characteristic of the lens and has nothing to do with the camera it is mounted on.  Its position will vary somewhat according to the focal length setting and the yaw increment that you are using between shots.  You need to do the usual tests for parallax at the settings you intend to use for shooting a panorama.  There's no shortage of tutorials - mine is at http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm , but choose one that works for you.

John

Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock

Sep 10, 2021, 11:10:32 AM9/10/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John, for your kind reply, I though that may be the answer, I think the mounting ring is set for 10mm, so I will have to test it if I'm shooting at, for instance, at 13mm.

Kind regards,

Rodrigo