hi resolution 360 photos hosting

Marco de Bigontina

Sep 5, 2021, 11:26:13 AM9/5/21
to PTGui Support
Hellò,
i just bought the PTGui pro licence.
I mainly shoot 360 photos by drone now (mavic 2 pro)
At the moment i  have  a subscription to Kuula 360 for uploading my photos but  i have  seen  they have a jpg limited  resolution for uploading.
I was wondering which provider could upload photos with better resolution and if it would be worth it as in case we would like to watch the photos on a big 4K display i.e.
Thank you for experts advice :-)

Marco

PTGui Support

Sep 5, 2021, 3:37:07 PM9/5/21
to pt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,

You might consider self hosting: rent web space at a hosting provider
supporting FTP (or similar) access so you can upload your own files.
Then use Pano2VR to generate the web page and upload everything to your
site.

Kind regards,

Joost Nieuwenhuijse
www.ptgui.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/221ef455-ad11-4ad2-a254-01cb64880924n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ptgui/221ef455-ad11-4ad2-a254-01cb64880924n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

野本夏俊

Sep 5, 2021, 9:58:37 PM9/5/21
to PTGui Support
There is no resolution limit for 360cities.
Normal uploads depend on the TIFF limit (4GB, about 90,000 pixels width), but larger images can be published. The ability to switch the rendering method is another attractive feature.
The Basic plan (free) requires a review initially, so it will take some time before you can publish after uploading, but once you are certified as an expert, no review is required.
It's hard to say that the quality of the images is great, but it's a trade-off for the lightness of browsing, so you may have to live with it.
2021年9月6日月曜日 0:26:13 UTC+9 marc...@mac.com: