Splitting

jimmie smith

Jun 16, 2020, 1:29:54 PM6/16/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com

If I'm understanding correctly, I must split a clip before it can be faded. The problem is, I do not know how to do this. Can someone suggest some reading so i  can learn how to split clips to fade?

CHUCK REICHEL

Jun 16, 2020, 1:38:08 PM6/16/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Hi jimmie,
Just find the location you want to split and hit "command e" VoiceOver will tell you it did it.
Also look under the edit menu and you'll find this same command listed.
HTH
Chuck
"God does not play dice with the universe"
"Albert Einstein’

On Jun 16, 2020, at 1:29 PM, jimmie smith wrote:

If I'm understanding correctly, I must split a clip before it can be faded. The problem is, I do not know how to do this. Can someone suggest some reading so i  can learn how to split clips to fade?

jimmie smith

Jun 16, 2020, 2:18:58 PM6/16/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this information. I will try it this afternoon.

Jun 16, 2020, 6:57:26 PM6/16/20
to PTAccess List
Hi Jimmy,
You don't have to split anything to create a fade. That mp3 I mentioned in my previous message demonstrates it. Let me know if you need more info.
Slau

On Jun 16, 2020, at 1:29 PM, jimmie smith <jimmie.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

If I'm understanding correctly, I must split a clip before it can be faded. The problem is, I do not know how to do this. Can someone suggest some reading so i  can learn how to split clips to fade?

jimmie smith

Jun 16, 2020, 7:00:39 PM6/16/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your reply, but I guess I still need some help. When I press command F, nothing happens. That's why I asked if there was something I was missing. Any help would be appreciated. I did listen to the MP3. You mentioned something about cutting something, and I'm not quite clear on that.

Jun 16, 2020, 7:13:37 PM6/16/20
to PTAccess List
OK, Jimmy, this is a potentially large subject area but I'll detail steps. I'm not going to cover all of the pre-flight checks that you should have in place because it's too lengthy. Based on what you've said already, here's exactly what to do.
Let's assume it's only for one track for now.
Move your insertion cursor to the track on which you'd like to create the fade.
If your clip ends at bar 10, move your insertion to bar 6 and press Control+g in the Edit window. That'll create a basic fade out.
Alternatively, instead of pressing Control+g, you can press Shift+Tab to make a selection from bar 6 to bar 10 and then press Command+f to bring up the Fades dialog. The mp3 details everything from there.
Let me know if you're still stuck.
Slau

jimmie smith

Jun 17, 2020, 12:57:03 PM6/17/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com

Slau, this is what I'm doing, and then you can tell me where I'm screwing up. I'm in the edit window I have no selection point I select my track using control P and control; the track is an acoustic sub. At Bar six I am pressing control G. Voiceover says nothing. I tried selecting between bar six an bar 10 then pressing command F, voiceover says nothing. I am still lost. Please help?

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 6:13:34 PM

Steve Baskis

Jun 17, 2020, 1:22:13 PM6/17/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Just a question, are you dropping an insertion point with the down arrow? And then executing the fade command.

Steve Baskis

Jun 17, 2020, 1:23:43 PM6/17/20
to ptac...@googlegroups.com
Never mind, I guess you are if you’re saying you’re making a selection etc.