psiturk WITHOUT MTurk

Larry Gates

Feb 4, 2022, 11:55:13 AM2/4/22
to PsiTurk
I am currently creating an experiment that will not use MTurk. I believe I have the process down but I couldn't find in the documentation about what needs to be confirmed for non-AWS experiments.

What should I do to ensure it is ready for "production" outside of MTurk?

When looking at the table assignments in "participants.db", what do I look at to see that an experiment is completed or do I use something I put in the "datastring"?

Thanks!

Dave Eargle

Feb 5, 2022, 1:52:41 PM2/5/22
to Larry Gates, PsiTurk
Search the google group for "lab mode". Basically, you just need to have participants use urls with length-compliant workerid, hitid, assignmentid, of your choosing, and also use a mode of anything that's _not_ "sandbox" or "live". IIRC, the psiturk status code gets set to 4 (completed) but never 5 (submitted).

Larry Gates

Feb 6, 2022, 11:47:32 AM2/6/22
to PsiTurk
Okay, thanks!

To follow-up on that, where I search for "lab mode", i get several hits. What year did psiTurk change from 2 to 3? I couldn't find that in the documentation and this will help determine which threads I should follow.

Also, since I am not using AWS, is there a possibility of monitoring the progress (i.e. this link https://psiturk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/quickstart.html?highlight=mode#step-9-monitor-progress ) ?

Larry Gates

Feb 6, 2022, 11:49:42 AM2/6/22
to PsiTurk
To add to above, in the terminal, to start a server, I have to do "psiturk server on". Which is why I don't know how to do "Step 9".