Failing access to Jabber Server MacOS

Max Panzer

Oct 12, 2020, 6:47:52 AM10/12/20
to Psi-Users
Hello everyone,

i have a problem with accessing my Jabber XMPP-Server: jabber.de
If i want to connect to the server i get this following statement:

There was an error communicating with the server.

Details: Authentication error: Unable to login

Offered mechanisms: GSSAPI, PLAIN

I also tried Gajim as a client with the same issue.
Unfortunately on Windows it all works.

Can anyone help me?

Sergey Ilinykh

Oct 12, 2020, 8:27:35 AM10/12/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

PLAIN auth works for me. Even so I'm wondering why Psi selects it over SCRAM which was also offered to me. (SCRAM is definitely supported)
Wrt GSSAPI, I guess you need some cyrus-sasl or qca plugins to make it working, Usually just install them with your package manager in case of *nix.

Best Regards,
Sergey

Boris Pek

Oct 13, 2020, 2:09:42 PM10/13/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> Wrt GSSAPI, I guess you need some cyrus-sasl or qca plugins to make it working, Usually just install them with your package manager in case of *nix.

As far as I see qca-cyrus-sasl plugin is present in app bundle:

$ ls /Applications/Psi+.app/Contents/PlugIns/crypto/ | grep .
libqca-cyrus-sasl.dylib
libqca-gnupg.dylib
libqca-logger.dylib
libqca-ossl.dylib
libqca-softstore.dylib

I do not know why it does not work in this case.

--
Boris

Sergey Ilinykh

Oct 13, 2020, 2:11:17 PM10/13/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
cyrus-sasl has its own plug-ins. Maybe some of them aren't installed

Annette

Oct 13, 2020, 5:21:15 PM10/13/20
to psi-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your advice!