Groups disappear after restart

153 visningar

Grzegorz Staniak

oläst,
9 juli 2014 07:47:482014-07-09
till psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I might be missing something (I only use jabber occasionally), but when I try to create a new group and assign some contacts to it, the group only stays until I exit psi -- when I run psi again the group's no longer there. Is this a know behaviour, perhaps by design (a protocol thing, server thing, whatever), or maybe there's an easy explanation? I'm using psi+ 0.14 on Ubuntu (14.04). Thanks,

Greg

Dealer_WeARE

oläst,
19 nov. 2014 12:54:062014-11-19
till psi-...@googlegroups.com
Please update to the latest Psi+ version from our PPA on launchpad. Also hte problem may be with your XMPP server.

среда, 9 июля 2014 г., 14:47:48 UTC+3 пользователь Grzegorz Staniak написал:

Erich Eichinger

oläst,
28 nov. 2014 13:09:502014-11-28
till psi-...@googlegroups.com
I experience the same problem. I am on the latest version on 0.15 for OSX, downloaded from http://psi-im.org/download/

> "Also hte problem may be with your XMPP server."

Can you please elaborate? What could those problems be and how can I verify whether the problem is the client or the server?

thanks,
Erich

Grzegorz Staniak

oläst,
2 dec. 2014 11:08:352014-12-02
till psi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried the latest psi+ from the ppa, but without any success: a newly
created group is no longer visible (not even its name available in the
context menu) after I restart the app. Is there anything in particular
that I should be looking for on the XMPP server? I don't admin the
server, so I'd be very grateful for anything that I can pass to the
admins.

Regards,
Greg

Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak [at] gmail _dot_ com>

Wolfgang F

oläst,
2 mars 2021 09:06:332021-03-02
till Psi-Users
Reviving this old thread...
Our company switched to a new Jabber server and the feature "contact grouping" got screwed up. I conclude that the group information is stored by the server.
Does anybody know how this server feature is called? Perhaps tha admin just needs to enable it.

Sergey Ilinykh

oläst,
2 mars 2021 09:18:332021-03-02
till psi-...@googlegroups.com
Like if you've lost the group information at all?

The group information is kept on the server side. A list of groups is associated  with each contact and returned to the client all together by roster request.

I believe your problem may happen on integration of xmpp server with some ldap server. I guess in this case some configuration file for ldap integration defines which ldap labels to consider as groups. Pretty much the same for AD I believe.
In any case there is nothing the client can do.

Best Regards,
Sergey

вт, 2 мар. 2021 г. в 17:06, Wolfgang F <wof...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Psi-Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/psi-users/5b608ff4-4d37-4739-a4a1-ad9427f5e7een%40googlegroups.com.
Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra