Calendar Events Aren't Visible When Launching Thunderbird

Elleby

Jan 22, 2021, 7:54:16 AM1/22/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Ever since the November update my events are not showing when launching Thunderbird.    I have to go and open the calendar tab and then uncheck the eye and recheck the eye for each and every calendar to get them to show up again.

Is this a Thunderbird issue or a plug-in issue?

Ross Kendall

Jan 22, 2021, 8:11:32 AM1/22/21
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com
I've been having this trouble as well, but haven't looked into further
just yet.

max_wei...@yahoo.com

Jan 22, 2021, 10:37:43 AM1/22/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
I am also having this issue.  Running Windows 10 and fully up-to-date on Thunderbird and Lightning

Denny W. Jones

Jan 26, 2021, 12:15:49 PM1/26/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
I'm having the same issue on Mac OS with Thunderbird 78.6.1 (64-bit)...

My solution has been to either do the trick the original author suggested. Another trick  that works is to uninstall and then reinstall the plug-in. However, this only seems to last for a while. The disappearing issue returns.

Chris Chaloner (gmail account)

Jan 26, 2021, 12:32:51 PM1/26/21
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

At the risk of repeating myself, I've found the TBsync add-in very good for multiple calendars.

Has anyone else noticed that the "server push" of new emails seems to be rather  sluggish?

78.6.1 (32 bit)  - maybe I should be thinking about 64-bit....

Chris

Elleby

Jan 29, 2021, 8:13:37 AM1/29/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Chris, you wrote "At the risk of repeating myself, I've found the TBsync add-in very good for multiple calendars.".

TBsync does NOT support Google Calendars,  so its not viable as a alternative.

Chris Chaloner (gmail account)

Jan 29, 2021, 9:34:15 AM1/29/21
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

Seems to work for me!  It auto-discovers the CALDAV addresses from my gmail address

Chris

================

Dr Chris P Chaloner

peshos

Feb 2, 2021, 10:06:09 AM2/2/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Elleby, you need to change the setting extensions.dav4tbsync.googlesupport to true in order to make TbSync work with Google. More details here: https://github.com/jobisoft/DAV-4-TbSync/issues/240

Elleby

Feb 2, 2021, 10:34:25 AM2/2/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
I saw that,  but that option does not appear in Thunderbird for me (yes, I have the extension installed and even tried exiting and reentering the app).   I see other extension settings like extensions.dss.switchPending and extensions.pendingOperations;  but there are none that are extensions.dav4tbsync.googlesupport (I don't even see anything that starts with extensions.dav4tbsync).

I just assumed that this ability was removed at some point.

peshos

Feb 4, 2021, 8:45:24 AM2/4/21
to Provider for Google Calendar
Just to clarify - you have installed both TbSync and Provider for CalDAV & CardDAV extensions?

Chris Chaloner (gmail account)

Feb 4, 2021, 12:33:51 PM2/4/21
to provider-for-g...@googlegroups.com

Yes I have both.  I have 6 or 7 different accounts Google, Office 365, Virgin and my UK business ISP.  I use Provider for some, and TBsync for others...

Chris

Dr Chris P Chaloner