Consume and Produce to different topics

Itamar Yarden

Sep 14, 2022, 3:07:48 AM9/14/22
to Protocol Buffers
Hello,
I am currently working on a project where I need to connect multipile micro-services with kafka and to serializer/deserialize messages with protobufers,

I am currently trying to figure out how to read data
with consumer from topic with schema A
and then process it and produce the procced data to topic with schema B.

Let's say I have service MyService and it consumes from topic A with schema A_Schema

message A_Schema {
  blah blah = 1;
  blah blah = 2;
}
 after processing the message from topic A, MyService needs to produce the data to topic B with schema B_Schema

message B_Schema {
  different_blah different_blah = 1;
  different_blah different_blah = 2;
}

The services are written with python and use python package "protobuf".

Derek Perez

Sep 14, 2022, 3:28:18 AM9/14/22
to Itamar Yarden, Protocol Buffers
Hello,

I think you’ll wanna ask the Kafka community for advice on this. Protobuf is merely the data format in use it sounds like and has little to do with micro service design.

Good luck!
- Derek