Style guide question: Keep the line length to 80 characters.

Vishwanath Jayaraman

Oct 7, 2019, 4:34:12 PM10/7/19
to Protocol Buffers
Per https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/style#standard-file-formatting, the suggestion is to "keep the line length to 80 characters". I am using https://github.com/yoheimuta/protolint to do style validation. How should I format a line that exceeds the 80 character   length and still pass the lint check?

Appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks
-Vish

Vishwanath Jayaraman

Oct 7, 2019, 7:12:46 PM10/7/19
to Protocol Buffers
Got some tips at https://gitter.im/grpc/grpc and got the linter to pass. Below is an example:

```
  rpc VeryLongMethodThatExceedsStyleGuideLength(
    VeryLongMethodThatExceedsStyleGuideLengthRequest)
    returns
    (VeryLongMethodThatExceedsStyleGuideLengthReply)
  ;
```