Permission issues "open /data/queries.active: permission denied"

sshark wsk

Nov 8, 2020, 8:37:02 AM11/8/20
to Prometheus Users
Hi All,

I am trying to install prometheus via Gitlab managed apps to monitor my micro k8s cluster on an ubuntu VM

Unfortunately I have met the permission issues. Went through multiple forums and set my folder (/var/opt/gitlab/prometheus/data) to full permission (777). However, I still get the same error as described below

caller=query_logger.go:85 component=activeQueryTracker msg="Error opening query log file" file=/data/queries.active err="open /data/queries.active: permission denied"

Thanks

sshark wsk

Nov 11, 2020, 8:52:06 PM11/11/20
to Prometheus Users
Managed to overcome the issue by creating a separate POD for initContainer which changed the /data folder permission

Thank You

paramasivan OGS

Oct 7, 2021, 2:07:39 AM10/7/21
to Prometheus Users
permission give to data prometheus logs folder :
sudo chown 1000:1000 -R /data/
sudo chown -R 65534:65534 /data/
after give to permission - start prometheus - create inside queries.active file give to full permission.
Kindly verify alert_rules.yml file format below command.
promtool check rules /etc/prometheus/rules.yml