How to run Prometheus on AWS ECS?

vickyrat...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2022, 5:19:07 PM1/2/22
to Prometheus Users
I am having an ECS cluster in AWS where I am running 8 services(docker containers). I want to run Prometheus and Grafana inside the cluster but I am not able to understand how to do so?
How to persist Prometheus and Grafana data. Could someone please help me to understand this?

P.S I don't want to use AMP(managed solution)

Nuria Ruiz

Jan 2, 2022, 9:59:55 PM1/2/22
to Prometheus Users
There is quite a bit of work involved in doing that, this post goes over all steps: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/mt/monitor-and-scale-your-amazon-ecs-on-aws-fargate-application-using-prometheus-metrics/