funding, for Chrono development

Dan Negrut

Jun 17, 2022, 4:42:10 PM6/17/22
to ProjectChrono

Hi Chrono Users,

We wanted to let you know that the US National Science Foundation has decided last week to invest $2.5 million over the next three years to support the development of Chrono (code base and models; both BSD3 open source). The code development under this project will happen at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the model development will happen as a collaboration with five other universities: Carnegie Mellon, Johns Hopkins University, Georgia Tech, University of Iowa, and New Jersey Institute of Technology.

To cut to the chase, this Chrono funding enables us to continue to assist you and other folks interested in using simulation in Engineering. A synopsis of the project is attached. On a final and very important note – there are many other Chrono developments that happen independently of this NSF project, and which move Chrono forward as paid projects or volunteer work. All of them are equally important and we say “Thank you”  to all of those who contribute. Overall, things are looking up.

Thanks for your interest in Chrono!

From UW-Madison, the members of the Simulation-Based Engineering Lab.

highLevelOverview.pdf

Freya the Goddess

Jun 18, 2022, 2:36:17 AM6/18/22
to ProjectChrono
Congratulation,

this is a very good news for us.
All the best for the development of Chrono.

С наилучшими пожеланиями, Богиня Фрейя
Atenciosamente, Freya the Goddess
Meilleurs voeuxFreya the Goddess
Liebe Grüße, Freya the Goddess