Point gravity field

Guan Yu

Jul 3, 2022, 11:25:28 PM7/3/22
to ProjectChrono
Hi all,

I would like to ask if there is an "option" in ChSystem or somewhere else that would allow users to setup an point gravity filed physic system? For example, to simulate a satellite orbiting.

Thank you in advance,
Best,
Yu

Radu Serban

Jul 4, 2022, 2:51:47 AM7/4/22
to ProjectChrono

Yu,

There is no formal support for this in Chrono, but you can model whatever force field you want and apply the resulting forces to the bodies in your simulation.  Of course, you would have to turn off the gravitational forces in Chrono by setting gravity to zero with something like my_system.Set_G_acc(ChVector<>(0))

For a possible way of implementing this, see demo_IRR_emit_cluster

--Radu