Disable collisions between linked bodies

Markus S

Jan 12, 2022, 5:30:11 AM1/12/22
to ProjectChrono
Hello!

In Bullet I can specify whether two rigidbodies that are connected via a constraint should ignore collisions between them. How can I specify this when creating Links in Chrono?

Radu Serban

Jan 12, 2022, 6:12:14 AM1/12/22
to theytit...@gmail.com, ProjectChrono

You assign the collision models of the two bodies to different collision families and then for one of them you disable collision with collision models from the other family.

See ChCollisionModel::SetFamily() and ChCollisionModel::SetFamilyMaskNoCollisionWithFamily().

Look at demo_IRR_tracks or demo_MCORE_mixerNSC for useage examples.

--Radu

Message has been deleted

Markus S

Jan 16, 2022, 2:14:37 PM1/16/22