Eclipse RCP Plug-In Development

Trae Bailey

Feb 17, 2022, 6:14:27 PM2/17/22
to Project Lombok
I can't seem to come up with a good way to use Lombok for Eclipse RCP Plug-In development, and it is hard to imagine writing all the boilerplate code by hand (or even generating it with a code generator) after being spoiled by how well Lombok supports REST DTOs with Jackson.

I use an Oomph setup with the lombok agent as part of my IDE install.  It works great for non-RCP projects.

The only way I have been able to get Eclipse to compile plug-ins with Lombok annotations is to add the lombok.jar as a lib in each plug-in that uses it.  Surely, I'm missing something...

And I haven't gotten to the tycho CI build process.

Any help on how to use lombok for Eclipse RCP development and tycho builds would be much appreciated.  All the information I have been able to scrounge up appears to be outdated.

Thanks,
Trae

Rabea Gransberger

Feb 18, 2022, 3:10:02 AM2/18/22
to project...@googlegroups.com
Hello Trae,

you just create a plug-in which contains the lombok.jar and reference this Lombok plug-in from your other plugins.

Tycho builds should work well with the newest Lombok versions.