Ways to use dice?

Karrin Lukacs

Jul 12, 2022, 10:56:28 AM7/12/22
to Professors at Play
Hi all,

A few weeks (or perhaps months!) ago, I ran across a list of ways in which dice can be used in the higher education classroom, but I can't seem to find it anywhere among my bookmarks, Google Keep lists, Facebook groups, etc. I tried searching "dice" and "higher education" and "dice" and "teaching," but I'm not getting any results that are relevant. I'd love to run a workshop with faculty as part of my Playful Pedagogy SIG this fall, so if you know where such a list lives, please let me know.

With thanks in advance,
Karrin

El Jean Armes

Jul 13, 2022, 6:25:15 AM7/13/22
to Karrin Lukacs, Professors at Play
Hello everyone!

I'm Gino, I teach Social Studies for Grades 3 and 2 Students at PAREF Southridge here in the Philippines. This is my 3rd year of teaching and now the school is slowly transitioning to onsite learning modality.

I'm really glad to be a part of this group because I can learn a lot of things when it comes to teaching students.

However, there are things that are still vague for me, especially this "dice" thing. Can I also do this in advisory or in one of my sychronous classes? It is really a challenge for me to think of engaging activities that can be done during advisory or regular classes.

Maybe if anyone can share something I can do or perhaps materials that can be used.

Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon.

PAREF SOUTHRIDGE CONFIDENTIAL

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.