Zoom Goldberg Machine

Brad Hinson

May 17, 2021, 5:22:58 PM5/17/21
to Professors at Play
My Digital Storytelling Class chose to do an addendum class project in which we simulated a Rube Goldberg Machine on Zoom.  Students were invited to record their own contraption at home, show themselves or not, and to try use common household items. Many incorporated family and pets.   Videos were submitted and edited to produce our Zoom Goldberg Machine project.  It was great fun and a genuine community building project where students got some digital media making experience.   https://sehd.wistia.com/medias/0gjjzp3azd

David Thomas

May 17, 2021, 6:00:53 PM5/17/21
to Professors at Play
Wow!

That is fantastic. Looks like a lot of fun. And I am sure the student had fun too!

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 3:23 PM Brad Hinson <brad....@ucdenver.edu> wrote:
My Digital Storytelling Class chose to do an addendum class project in which we simulated a Rube Goldberg Machine on Zoom.  Students were invited to record their own contraption at home, show themselves or not, and to try use common household items. Many incorporated family and pets.   Videos were submitted and edited to produce our Zoom Goldberg Machine project.  It was great fun and a genuine community building project where students got some digital media making experience.   https://sehd.wistia.com/medias/0gjjzp3azd

Forbes, Lisa K

May 17, 2021, 6:30:01 PM5/17/21
to Hinson, Brad, Professors at Play

I love this! So fun and playful. Thanks for the inspiration, Brad!

Lisa K. Forbes, PhD, LPC

Assistant Clinical Professor

Counseling Program

University of Colorado Denver

Office: LSC 1115

She/Her/Hers

_____________________________________

*Follow my projects on social media

Professors at Play

Website: professorsatplay.org

Facebook: Professors at Play (@professorsatplay)

Instagram: @professors.at.play

Twitter: @PlayProfessors

The Mothering Project

Facebook: The Mothering Project

Instagram: @themotheringproject

Twitter: @Mothering_Drs

DeBay, Dennis

May 17, 2021, 6:31:54 PM5/17/21
to Forbes, Lisa K, Hinson, Brad, Professors at Play

Brad, this is so great. One of my STEM ed students actually did something similar with his high school students for his Capstone project and it went SO well. Thanks for sharing and exploring the possibilities. Great work!

Dennis

---

Dennis DeBay (dennis...@ucdenver.edu)

Assistant Professor STEM Education (Clinical Teaching)

Director ThinqStudio | Vice President UCDALI

Katherine Troyer

May 20, 2021, 11:09:19 AM5/20/21
to Professors at Play
This is awesome!

C. Wakefield

May 20, 2021, 12:37:42 PM5/20/21
to Katherine Troyer, Professors at Play
Great project, and I'm especially loving how into it all of the students are!  Thanks for sharing.  I would love to know more about the video/tech that went into creating it.

Cooper

Jessica M

May 20, 2021, 4:06:26 PM5/20/21
to Professors at Play
Outstanding! I would love to be in this class. What a great idea.