WIFI Waterproof Temperature Sensor

David

May 31, 2021, 2:24:16 PM5/31/21
to PrivateEyePi
I have a WIFI Waterproof Temperature Sensor that I have put in outside near a lake in a waterproof project box that is in a fairly sunny location.  I have put some sun shading around it but it still seams hotter than I would like inside the box.  I also have it set to sleep between transmits (evert 15 min).  It is currently 65° outside but 85° inside the box.  Does anyone know how hot of an environment the sensor can stand before damage occurs?

Gadjet Nut

May 31, 2021, 2:32:08 PM5/31/21
to David, PrivateEyePi
The processor is an ESP8266. From the manufacturers data sheet: Operating temperature range of ESP8266 is from -40℃ to 125℃. At present, ESP8266 has passed FCC, CE and WiFi Alliance.

On May 31, 2021, at 2:24 PM, David <Da...@themcconnells.net> wrote:

I have a WIFI Waterproof Temperature Sensor that I have put in outside near a lake in a waterproof project box that is in a fairly sunny location.  I have put some sun shading around it but it still seams hotter than I would like inside the box.  I also have it set to sleep between transmits (evert 15 min).  It is currently 65° outside but 85° inside the box.  Does anyone know how hot of an environment the sensor can stand before damage occurs?

David

May 31, 2021, 2:39:59 PM5/31/21
to PrivateEyePi
Gadjet:

Would you also know what operating temperature limits of the other components are rated to?
I had one that died a couple of years ago in a similar enclosure in the same location and I have no idea what caused it to fail.

Gadjet Nut

May 31, 2021, 7:37:37 PM5/31/21
to David, PrivateEyePi
The rest are all resistors, capacitors and diodes. Take note that the 125c max is the temperature limit of the chip, not the ambient temperature.