issues sending smtp with email-otp

Stephen Hobbs

Nov 3, 2015, 8:13:31 PM11/3/15
to privacyidea
I have installed privacyidea 2.7 and successfully tested HOTP tokens. I am unable to get email-otp working I have tried using a remote and local smtp server,  with and without smtp authentication and TLS on/off. When I test the authentication by sending the OTP pin no email are sent or received. Any ideas to debug very welcome.

Cornelius Kölbel

Nov 3, 2015, 11:43:44 PM11/3/15
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stephan,

you need to create a policy

scope:authentication
action:challenge_response=email

http://privacyidea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/policies/authentication.html#challenge-response

In version 2.8 this will not be necessary anymore, since an email token
is --- lets say --- always in challenge response mode.

You can also run HOTP and TOTP in challenge response (first sending PIN
and then OTP) but for this you will need to define

action:challenge_response=hotp totp email

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc

Stephen Hobbs

Nov 4, 2015, 2:32:44 PM11/4/15
to privacyidea
Cornelius

Thank you that fixed it. I found a minor bug with TLS activation under Config->Tokens->Email. If TLS support is checked it can not be unchecked.

command line fix:
echo "USE privacyidea;UPDATE config set config.value='' where config.key='email.tls';" | mysql -u privacyidea -p

Stephen

Cornelius Kölbel

Nov 4, 2015, 3:23:00 PM11/4/15
to Stephen Hobbs, privacyidea
Hi Stephan,

Are you a github user?
Would you like to add an issue for this?
Otherwise I will do this later...

Thanks a lot
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel