A bug und some ideas for privacyIDEA

juergen....@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2015, 6:07:23 AM10/15/15
to privacyidea
Hi,
I just installed privacyIDEA 2.7. It is really nice. I just found some glitches.

  • How is it possible to define the scope of the LDAP searches?
  • It would be nice to make the display PIN and OTP during 'Test Token' optional.
  • It would be nice to set the default token type in some of the config options.
  • It would be nice to set the Token Infos (validity...) during token enrollment.
I also found a small bug. If you edit the 'Validity End' of a pw token, e.g. lostTOTP, then the date decremented by one. If you set "Validity End" to "18/10/15"  the value "validity_period_end:" 17/10/15 22:00.

Kind Regards,

Jürgen

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 15, 2015, 6:16:27 AM10/15/15
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jürgen,

Am Donnerstag, den 15.10.2015, 03:07 -0700 schrieb
juergen....@gmail.com:
> Hi,
> I just installed privacyIDEA 2.7. It is really nice. I just found some
> glitches.

thanks for this general and positive feedback!

> * How is it possible to define the scope of the LDAP searches?

Admitted: The scope is always "SUB". Thus it will always look for users
within the specified BaseDN and underneath.

> * It would be nice to make the display PIN and OTP during 'Test
> Token' optional.

OK. Sounds sensible.

> * It would be nice to set the default token type in some of the
> config options.

You mean the default token type for "enroll token" in the UI?

> * It would be nice to set the Token Infos (validity...) during
> token enrollment.

Phew. You are one of the few who probably use the validity period ;-)
So setting it during enrollment is a real request.
I think there could be a checkbox, button or accordion, that can open
some details.

Setting the validity period during the API enrollment call is not
possible.
So probably we would have to improve the API, too.

> I also found a small bug. If you edit the 'Validity End' of a pw
> token, e.g. lostTOTP, then the date decremented by one. If you set
> "Validity End" to "18/10/15" the value "validity_period_end:"
> 17/10/15 22:00.

Strange. Thanks a lot!

I will file some issues at github, later.
If you have the possibility to do so, you are welcome to file your
findings including my comments.

Kind regards
Cornelius

> Kind Regards,
>

> Jürgen

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc

juergen....@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2015, 8:28:21 AM10/16/15
to privacyidea
Sorry for being so late.

Am Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2015 12:16:27 UTC+2 schrieb Cornelinux K:

Am Donnerstag, den 15.10.2015, 03:07 -0700 schrieb
juergen....@gmail.com:

Should I get an account on github for you? :-) If this would be much easier for you, then I will get one.

To add just one more bug:
ich you set a policy with scoe user, then under "Users" there is an error :"User actions are defined, but this action is not allowed!". Perhaps I only missed a button in the policy.

Jürgen

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 16, 2015, 10:59:15 AM10/16/15
to privacyidea
Hi,

No need to be sorry. I created the issues yesterday.

So you do not need to create a github account.
I will look into the user policy thing.

Thanks a lot and kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH

Von: juergen....@gmail.com
Datum: 16.10.2015 14:28 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: A bug und some ideas for privacyIDEA

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 16, 2015, 12:20:24 PM10/16/15
to privacyidea
You only get this error message, if the logged in user has the role "user".
Please check in the upper right corner in the UI which role you have.

A user should not see the user tab.

Logout and login.

Kind regards Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 18, 2015, 6:54:39 AM10/18/15
to privacyidea
Am Donnerstag, den 15.10.2015, 03:07 -0700 schrieb
juergen....@gmail.com:
> Hi,
> I just installed privacyIDEA 2.7. It is really nice. I just found some
> glitches.
>

> * How is it possible to define the scope of the LDAP searches?
done:
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea/issues/235

> * It would be nice to make the display PIN and OTP during 'Test
> Token' optional.

done:
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea/issues/236

> * It would be nice to set the default token type in some of the
> config options.
> * It would be nice to set the Token Infos (validity...) during
> token enrollment.
> I also found a small bug. If you edit the 'Validity End' of a pw
> token, e.g. lostTOTP, then the date decremented by one. If you set
> "Validity End" to "18/10/15" the value "validity_period_end:"
> 17/10/15 22:00.
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Jürgen

Cornelius Kölbel