can't decrypet encrypted key on 2.9.x

Sherif Nagy

Jan 4, 2016, 5:01:36 AM1/4/16
to privacyidea
Hi,

Happy new year everyone, I just updated to the 2.9.x from 2.8.x on a Debian environment, I had the enckey already encrypted with the security module, after the update whenever I run the commands for the securitymodule to decrypt the key I get the following error:

Please enter password for 'admin':
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/privacyidea", line 1467, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/privacyidea", line 1462, in main
    no_ssl_check=args.nosslcheck)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/privacyideautils/clientutils.py", line 96, in __init__
    self.set_credentials(username, password)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/privacyideautils/clientutils.py", line 129, in set_credentials
    raise Exception("Invalid Credentials: %s" % r.status_code)
Exception: Invalid Credentials: 400

Regards,
Sherif

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 4, 2016, 5:12:35 AM1/4/16
to Sherif Nagy, privacyidea
Hi Sherif,

Is the key still encrypted?

Are you using an internal admin?
There is a PEPPER in the pi.cfg.

Can you verify if it has changed?

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

Von: Sherif Nagy <sheri...@gmail.com>
Datum: 04.01.2016 11:01 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: can't decrypet encrypted key on 2.9.x

Sherif Nagy

Jan 4, 2016, 5:20:53 AM1/4/16
to privacyidea, sheri...@gmail.com
Hi Cornelius,

Yes I am using an internal admin + LDAP for the users " the old bug that got fixed if you remember for the realm "
Yes PI_PEPPER still in pi.cfg
No, the files still the same " the pi.cfg and the enckey

I have another machine, since I am running PrivacyIDEA in Mysql Master-Master replication mode, so I updated only one machine that got broke, the other 2.8.x machine still working fine " decrypting the enckey ", so I did md5sum on pi.cfg and enckey on both machines and they are the same.

Regards,
Sherif

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 4, 2016, 6:21:25 AM1/4/16
to privacyidea
So pi.cfg is the same on both machines.
Is the enckey also the same on both machines?

Von: Sherif Nagy <sheri...@gmail.com>
Datum: 04.01.2016 11:20 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: sheri...@gmail.com
Betreff: Re: can't decrypet encrypted key on 2.9.x

Sherif Nagy

Jan 4, 2016, 6:50:43 AM1/4/16
to privacyidea
Yes, both files are the same on both machines

Regards,
Sherif

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 4, 2016, 9:24:34 AM1/4/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sherif,

which version of privacyidea admin client are you running?
Can you login to the web ui?
Kind regards
Cornelius
Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
signature.asc

Sherif Nagy

Jan 4, 2016, 11:56:38 AM1/4/16
to Cornelius Kölbel, priva...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

No I can't HSM is not ready, I am using 2.7-dev1 from the repo

Regards,
Sherif

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "privacyidea" group.

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 4, 2016, 12:07:21 PM1/4/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sherif,

can you please use verion 2.7 from the repositoy privacyidea/privacyidea
so that we have a common base?
The 2.7-dev1 is a development version from privacyidea/privacyidea-dev,
which might not be stable...

Kind regards
Cornelius
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/CAO3my_eaMAU_VeVTTRpJ%
> 2BfxwhV8dtq0hymhU%3DPXV4eYDVry-xg%40mail.gmail.com.
signature.asc

Sherif Nagy

Jan 5, 2016, 8:25:07 AM1/5/16
to privacyidea
Hi Cornelius,

I did remove the dev1 package, removed the repo and installed 2.7-1 from the mentioned repo. I am still getting the same error.

Regards,
Sherif

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 5, 2016, 8:59:52 AM1/5/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sherif,

thats bad. I need to look into this in more detail.
Can you please file an issue at github for this - either at
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea or
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyideaadm (I assume the later)

Kind regards
Cornelius
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/64e962f8-34cb-4413-85eb-38c3a1630fcc%40googlegroups.com.
signature.asc

Sherif Nagy

Jan 5, 2016, 10:07:39 AM1/5/16
to privacyidea
Hi,

Thank you
Sherif

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 9, 2016, 4:33:29 AM1/9/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sherif,

it turns out to be an issue with the server.
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea/issues/304

If fixed it in the master branch on github and it will be contained in
2.10 latest.
https://github.com/privacyidea/privacyidea/blob/master/privacyidea/webui/login.py#L61

Kind regards
Cornelius