Install privacyidea on Ubuntu 14.04 server

Dominique Couot

Jan 18, 2016, 2:36:55 PM1/18/16
to privacyidea
Hi,

I am trying to test privacyidea on an Ubuntu 14.04.04 server. I am testing on both a blank - clean - Ubuntu install and on an existing running server with mysql and apache already configured and running with various web pages.

The install process seems to go along. I can create the admin account (although it does not allow to add the email address at that stage).

But then a few things are strange.

On both server, the install process create a privacyidea.conf file in apache, pointing to /var/www for the web page.
Problems with that:
1. Nothing is created - in neither server
2. On the server already running apache, it disable all existing sites, and regardless of the server configuration, it creates a conf file that points to /var/www instead of /srv/www where all the other sites are installed.

There is no information in /var/log/privacyidea/privacyidea.log

Obviously from there, I am stuck.

Any ideas what went wrong ?

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

Dominique

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 18, 2016, 3:10:29 PM1/18/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
The documentroot in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/privacyidea.conf points
to /var/www.
But that does not matter, since no documents are being served.

The only interesting part is the WSGIScriptAlias.

You should be able to access https://yourserver/

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc

Dominique Couot

Jan 18, 2016, 3:22:55 PM1/18/16
to privacyidea
Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for the quick answer. That actually worked.
However, it generates another problem to me...
https://myserver/ should point to my existing server at the same address....
How do I got both working at the same time ?

Thanks

Dominique

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 18, 2016, 3:35:38 PM1/18/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominique,

you can put privacyIDEA in a subdirectory like this:

http://privacyidea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation/system/wsgiscript.html#running-apache-instances

Kind regards
Cornelius
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/930878ef-b5d3-41af-bc9c-f87bb72b06f4%40googlegroups.com.