Administrators from AD group

psor...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2017, 9:08:23 AM2/15/17
to privacyidea
Hi,

how can I configure PrivacyIDEA so that some users from certain AD group have administrator rights?

jmdeking

Feb 16, 2017, 4:38:32 AM2/16/17
to privacyidea
I think ad integration for managing privacyidea is not possible. I have a few local accounts to which i assigned certain policy rights. Trying it with AD accounts for which i have multiple ldap resolvers didnt do anything.

Cornelius Kölbel

Feb 16, 2017, 5:13:49 AM2/16/17
to privacyidea
Hi jmdeking,
thanks a lot for jumping in and you suggestion on this.

Hi psorobka,
You can do this using the SUPERUSER_REALM in pi.cfg.
I think it is well documented at http://privacyidea.readthedocs.io and there is even a video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CEHKtzyokw
Subscribe to the channel!
THanks
Corneilus

Jochen Hein

Feb 16, 2017, 12:15:58 PM2/16/17
to psor...@gmail.com, privacyidea
psor...@gmail.com writes:

> how can I configure PrivacyIDEA so that some users from certain AD group
> have administrator rights?

I do run privacyidea against FreeIPA, but the idea should work for AD as
well (modulo attribute names).

I have two LDAP resolvers, one for all users and one for admins.
The only difference is the searchfilter:
(memberof=cn=admins,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=org)

The admin resolver is used in the admin domain, so when I log in as
jochen@admin I have admin rights, but joc...@example.org is a plain
user.

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.

Kris Lou

Feb 16, 2017, 1:52:51 PM2/16/17
to privacyidea
So that we can find the answers to this later (I haven't verified, but pretty sure this what you guys are talking about):

--
Please read the blog post about getting help
https://www.privacyidea.org/getting-help/.

For professional services and consultancy regarding two factor authentication please visit
https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/one-time-services/

In an enterprise environment you should get a SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT which suites your needs for SECURITY, AVAILABILITY and LIABILITY:
https://netknights.it/en/leistungen/service-level-agreements/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "privacyidea" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/privacyidea.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/privacyidea/83vasaqcqo.fsf%40jochen.org.

psor...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2017, 9:53:35 AM2/17/17
to privacyidea
How to (given you are AD user inside AD group users and admins)
1. Create a realm "users" with resolver which points to the AD "users" group (might contain admins as well), this might be a default realm
2. Create a realm "admins" with resolver which points to the AD "admins" group
3. Edit /etc/privacyidea/pi.cfg and set SUPERUSER_REALM = ['super', 'administrators','admins']
4. Restart httpd
5. Login as AD user- you will be a normal user
6. Login as AD user@admins - you will be an admin

Done.

You can also create a policy so that on login page you will have a combo box with selection of realms - create policy with webui scope
and realm_dropbox checked - enter "users admins"

Voila.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/privacyidea.

jmdeking

Feb 27, 2017, 10:58:47 AM2/27/17
to privacyidea
Thanks a lot i didnt knew this. Gonna try it.