"SMS Provider" cannot be saved

sh...@shade.sh

Oct 19, 2015, 4:41:45 AM10/19/15
to privacyidea
Hi,

i use Ubuntu 14.04.3 with the latest PrivacyIDEA package. When i go to Configuration - Token - SMS and choose "a SMS Provider" it gets not saved.
I can save the Timeout and the Provider Configuration, but the Provider isn't saved at all. Every time i click on another link and go back to SMS the Provider field is empty.

Is thisa know bug or do i missunderstand something?

Thanks a lot!

Wolfgang

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 19, 2015, 6:06:32 AM10/19/15
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Wolfgang,

please assure, that you use the correct format.

You need to put the config into curly brackes { }

And the key value pairs in double quotes "..." not single quotes
'....'.

Here is an example:
http://privacyidea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/configuration/tokenconfig/sms.html#example

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
Landgraf-Karl-Str. 19, 34131 Kassel, Germany
Tel: +49 561 3166797, Fax: +49 561 3166798

Amtsgericht Kassel, HRB 16405
Geschäftsführer: Cornelius Kölbel

signature.asc

sh...@shade.sh

Oct 19, 2015, 6:18:03 AM10/19/15
to privacyidea
Thanks. But even with the sample posted on your configation page, the SMS Provider field is not saved.
When i switch to another page and go back to SMS, the field is gain empty.

Am Montag, 19. Oktober 2015 12:06:32 UTC+2 schrieb Cornelinux K:
Hello Wolfgang,

please assure, that you use the correct format.

You need to put the config into curly brackes { }

And the key value pairs in double quotes "..."  not single quotes
'....'.

Here is an example:
http://privacyidea.readthedocs.org/en/latest/configuration/tokenconfig/sms.html#example

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 19, 2015, 6:36:47 AM10/19/15
to privacyidea
Can you please take a look into the log file privacyidea.log?

The entered cinfugration is parsed as a python dictionary. I assume that the copying introduced some wrong formatting.

Please check, that double quotes are really double quotes and that all commas are copied.

Just try with a simple "config" like

{"Key": "value"}

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH

Von: sh...@shade.sh
Datum: 19.10.2015 12:18 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: "SMS Provider" cannot be saved

Joost Vaarhorst

Oct 19, 2015, 7:14:42 AM10/19/15
to privacyidea
I've had almost the same on a new Centos 7 installation.

What i did is removing the following entries is the mysql database:

You can see the entries with the following command:
echo 'select * from privacyidea.config where config.Key LIKE "sms%";' | mysql -u root -p

Now you can see the config lines, after that I deleted them.

After reenter the config, the webinterface show it right.

Greets Joost

sh...@shade.sh

Oct 19, 2015, 7:42:30 AM10/19/15
to privacyidea
That was the solution! Thanks for that :)

Cornelius Kölbel

Oct 19, 2015, 7:46:02 AM10/19/15
to privacyidea
Obviously an old faulty configuration blocked the saving.
Do you know by any chance how the old config looked like?

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH

Von: sh...@shade.sh
Datum: 19.10.2015 13:42 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: Re: "SMS Provider" cannot be saved

sh...@shade.sh

Lokkenarium

Jan 20, 2016, 10:07:10 AM1/20/16
to privacyidea
Hello!

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with SMS Provider field. I can save the Timeout and the Provider Configuration fields, but the SMS Provider isn't saved at all.
Is there any fix available for this problem? How I can resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 20, 2016, 10:49:50 AM1/20/16
to privacyidea
Hi,

The question is if the provider type is not saved or if the saved provider type is not displayed in the UI.

Is it possible that you

1. Check if the provider type made its way into the database table "config"

2. Or that you check the API calls when saving the sms provider

3. And check the API calls when loading the sms config dialog.

You can enter the developer mode using Ctrl+shift+i

Look for /config POST and GET calls.

Kind regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Kölbel
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH

Von: Lokkenarium <lokke...@gmail.com>
Datum: 20.01.2016 16:07 (GMT+01:00)
An: privacyidea <priva...@googlegroups.com>

Lokkenarium

Jan 21, 2016, 2:56:07 AM1/21/16
to privacyidea
Hello, Cornelius!

The SMS Provider type is not displayed in the UI, but visible in mysql database.
Mentioned above command shows correct configuration information.
echo 'select * from privacyidea.config where config.Key LIKE "sms%";' | mysql -u root -p

But since it's necessary to have at least one configured SMS provider i'm unable to enroll SMS token via Web UI.
Nothing suspiciuos in browser developer logs when navigating or saving SMS Provider config. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

I get the only one error when navigating Config tab:

Need some help with this problem.

Thank you!

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 23, 2016, 2:49:18 PM1/23/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Lokke,

how are you "unable to enroll an SMS token in the WebUI"?

To my understanding the WebUI may display that the token configuration
is not complete - but you should be able to enroll the token anyway and
use it for authentication!?

Kind regards
Cornelius
Cornelius Kölbel
corneliu...@netknights.it
+49 151 2960 1417

NetKnights GmbH
http://www.netknights.it
signature.asc

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 24, 2016, 11:11:32 AM1/24/16
to priva...@googlegroups.com
signature.asc

Lokkenarium

Jan 25, 2016, 1:27:16 AM1/25/16
to privacyidea
Hello, Cornelius!

I fixed the problem by deleting (updating) MySQL database entries regarding SMS Provider config with MySQL UPDATE command.
After that, WebUI correctly showed SMS Provider tab and everything is working fine right now.

Thank you!

Lokkenarium

Jan 25, 2016, 1:31:33 AM1/25/16
to privacyidea
Thank you for your support! All new users will, surely, appreciate it.
Overall, you've made a great product!

Cornelius Kölbel

Jan 25, 2016, 1:38:13 AM1/25/16
to privacyidea