pretextbook.org down?

milesh...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2022, 8:26:02 AM11/4/22
to PreTeXt support
Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this is an issue on my end! Right now pretextbook.org is down for me, and various "is is down" websites seem to suggest it's down for everyone. In what I assume is a related development, navigating to my html output hangs for a long time before rendering anything. Is there a switch I can flip somewhere which will make my output less dependent on pretextbook.org?

Best wishes,
Miles

Mitch Keller

Nov 4, 2022, 8:35:10 AM11/4/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Pretextbook.org is working for me, although isitdownrightnow.com reports the site is down, which suggests there’s probably some routing problem.

Juan Carlos Bustamante

Nov 4, 2022, 9:23:06 AM11/4/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

To me it appears down as well. Even upon waiting I do not get anything close to the expected output... Very annoying since I blocked my day to some some rather urgent pretext-related tasks.

Can someone suggest a workaround allowing to work locally?

Thanks,

JC

jsebastie...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2022, 9:37:05 AM11/4/22
to PreTeXt support
My site and all the others I've tried to look up didn't work either. Even building on Cocalc does not work.

David Farmer

Nov 4, 2022, 10:05:47 AM11/4/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com

I had to change some network configuration and reboot. It seems to be
working now.

Regards,

David