Question about language

Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez (Technomathpr)

Sep 8, 2022, 8:58:52 PM9/8/22
to PreTeXt support
Can I use pretext is spanish?

Thomas Judson

Sep 8, 2022, 9:45:22 PM9/8/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roberto,

You shouldn’t have any problems.  PreTeXt has been localized for many languages.  So, if you tag something as a theorem

<theorem>
<statement>
</statement>
</theorem>

Your PreTeXt will produce the Spanish word for theorem. See https://pretextbook.org/doc/guide/html/topic-localization.html for more details.  By the way, someone from Chile has translated my abstract algebra text into Spanish using PreTeXt.  See http://abstract.ups.edu/aata-es/.

On Sep 8, 2022, at 7:58 PM, Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez (Technomathpr) <techno...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can I use pretext is spanish?

Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez

Sep 8, 2022, 10:50:11 PM9/8/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Could you tell me the specific file or document that I should
write <pretext xml:lang="es-ES"/> to translate to spanish pretext.
Thanks again,

Roberto
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PreTeXt support" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/3567E131-D3C2-4D9F-A74A-87E090DB8E63%40gmail.com.

Rob Beezer

Sep 8, 2022, 11:22:46 PM9/8/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
There is exactly one "pretext" element in your main file, where the adjustment should be made.

Rob

Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez

Sep 8, 2022, 11:42:07 PM9/8/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
If I am using cocalc it does not matter?

Roberto
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/MTAwMDAxMC5iZWV6ZXI.1662693764%40quikprotect.

David Farmer

Sep 9, 2022, 12:04:03 AM9/9/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com

You should have a file called main.ptx , and in that file
should be the line

<pretext xml:lang="en-US">

Change "en-US" to "es-ES"
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/CANCLwxDVNffg700EJSksXEmRFnAnQqQ%2BndjdJ43wf%3DqHx9dABg%40mail.gmail.com.

Rob Beezer

Sep 9, 2022, 12:05:09 AM9/9/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Right - this is your source, which is the same no matter where/how you process it.

Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez

Sep 9, 2022, 12:44:49 AM9/9/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
I change the language but don't change in the document preview. What can I do?
Thanks
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pretext-support/MTAwMDAxNC5iZWV6ZXI.1662696306%40quikprotect.
image.png

Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez

Sep 9, 2022, 1:01:42 AM9/9/22
to pretext...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to you and everyone who helped me. I was finally able to
do the translation into Spanish. I had to start a new document but I
was able to do it.

Roberto

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 12:44 AM Roberto O. Rivera Rodríguez