Findings - Exploring the fabrics of civic tech on the web

Kersti Wissenbach

Aug 15, 2016, 5:48:14 PM8/15/16
to poplus
Hey everybody,

I recently ran a little mapping experiment during the Digital Methods Summer School we are hosting annually at the New Media Department of the University of Amsterdam, where I am conducting my PhD research with the DATACTIVE team.

Whilst, as many of you know I am rather deeply rooted in qualitative research I used the opportunity to get some amazing digital methods savvy people together and support me to explore the fabrics of civic tech on the web.

I was basically interested in four core areas of exploration:
  1. definitions and understandings
  2. actors
  3. geography
  4. temporality

of civic technology.

I am sharing the report we pulled together since some of you might find it interesting and of course since I am really interested to hear your thoughts.

Please note that the mapping was done in just a few days of team work so does have clear limitations!

Personally, I found certain findings quite interesting and also supportive to my work on the affiliated environment of civic technology (consider the wider open governance field and the e-buzzwords..). More to follow...

I hope you will enjoy and we will be happy to hear from you of course!!

Many greetings from Amsterdam,
Kersti

--
Kersti Ruth Wissenbach
International Consultant

strategy & policy advice | implementation | research
Transparency & Accountability | Civic Tech | ICT4D
kerstiwissenbach.com

Academic Researcher data-activism.net

+31 (0)634193966
S kersti.wissenbach
@kerstiru

steven...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2017, 9:40:40 AM11/18/17
to Poplus - Collaborative Civic Coding
You don't by chance have an update on this research? Or further analysis?