Wordpress Plugin Development

Keegan Francis

Jul 15, 2015, 1:58:54 PM7/15/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com

Dear Polymer,

I am very happy with Polymer, it has greatly accelerated the amount of functionality I am able to implement in the websites that I work on. The documentation is very easy to understand and the code is simple to implement. It has been a while since I used an web-language tool that is so easy and so powerful at the same time.

The reason why I am contacting you is I am developing a website for a client of mine and they have asked me to implement a google analytics dashboard for them. Their website is running on wordpress at the moment. There currently exists a Polymer plugin for wordpress but it appears to only include the core-components and the paper-components of the polymer library. I am wondering if you are intending on providing an update for the plugin to allow the use of the google-charts and google-dashboard elements. I am currently working on a work-around for this problem but having the plugin support this functionality would make my life a lot easier. If you know of a way to include the libraries necessary to make the google components work on wordpress I would greatly appreciate the tip.

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and I hope you continue to write many more powerful and impressive elements for the polymer platform.

Sincerely,

Keegan Francis
Digital Analytics Implementation Consultant

Time + Space Media Ltd.

902-429-8463 ext. 807

F 902-422-1199

www.timespacemedia.com

Justin Fagnani

Jul 15, 2015, 2:02:46 PM7/15/15
to Keegan Francis, polym...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Keegan Francis <kfra...@timespacemedia.com> wrote:

[...]

Can you provide a link to the wordpress plugin you're referring to? I'm not aware that we maintain one.

I am currently working on a work-around for this problem but having the plugin support this functionality would make my life a lot easier. If you know of a way to include the libraries necessary to make the google components work on wordpress I would greatly appreciate the tip.

Is there anything that needs to be done besides including the proper imports and custom element tags in your wordpress template? I'm curious what this plugin does.

Cheers,
  Justin

Thank you for taking the time to read my email and I hope you continue to write many more powerful and impressive elements for the polymer platform.

Sincerely,

Keegan Francis
Digital Analytics Implementation Consultant

Time + Space Media Ltd.

902-429-8463 ext. 807

F 902-422-1199

www.timespacemedia.com

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/CO2PR0601MB0936A72028F272AADAD5B776A99A0%40CO2PR0601MB0936.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.