Have a general question about Polymer? Try Stack Overflow!

Alex Komoroske

Feb 12, 2014, 2:28:26 PM2/12/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
[bcc polymer-announce]

To date the best way to get questions answered by Polymer experts was to send an e-mail to polymer-dev, our general purpose mailing list. That works, but the questions and answers get mixed in with lots of other e-mails on the list, making them hard to find later--especially for new members of the community.

That's why we now recommend that you ask general questions on stackoverflow.com, tagged with "polymer" (or, if your question is not specific to Polymer, "web components"). The Polymer team will keep an eye out for new questions there and make sure you get an answer.

If you want to follow along, you can subscribe to e-mail notifications for the polymer tag on stackoverflow.com (visit http://stackoverflow.com/tags/polymer/info, hover over the 'polymer' tag, and hit 'subscribe').

Of course, polymer-dev is still a great place to talk about all things Polymer.

--Alex

Just.A.Guy

Feb 25, 2014, 9:09:59 PM2/25/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I will not use stackoverflow to post any information.  I was thrown off for being a called a "???" I don't remember what they called me.
something worse that a pig.  I was only trying to help.  They shut down my userid after a few days of use.  I will not go back.
I don't particular like reading their postings. But I find it helpful. But I will not contribute. It hurt too much. It is just me personally.

thek...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2014, 11:09:59 PM4/10/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com

charle...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2014, 2:30:27 PM7/21/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
I posted one earlier, got a response, but the response was quickly deleted... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24870356/how-to-use-code-from-polymer-project-designer-in-another-html-doc

Rob Dodson

Jul 21, 2014, 5:38:59 PM7/21/14
to charle...@gmail.com, polymer-dev
Hi Charles,

I responded over on StackOverflow

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/e2f4353e-7434-4721-b48a-e124426c4f1f%40googlegroups.com.

Dong Nguyen

Nov 10, 2014, 11:33:06 PM11/10/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex and Rob,

I followed your suggestion and made a question here:

Hope to receive your answers when you have time.
Thank you much!

armorac...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2014, 5:50:25 AM11/15/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com
hey alex can you help me get this designer tool in xammp local server!

montug...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2014, 9:57:25 PM12/20/14
to polym...@googlegroups.com, armorac...@gmail.com
Hi Armorac,

Have you got your query resolved?

I did use XAMPP local server and Polymer designer tool on my system to develop a demo Polymer app.

All you need to do is just install XAMPP, go to Chrome, and install Chrove Dev Editor Tool.
Along with Chrome Dev Editor Tool, you will get Polymer designer tool. Just look for the Polymer icon button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.

Thanks

sfmi...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 4:33:18 AM2/25/15
to polym...@googlegroups.com

Sai Roshan Chhetri

Jul 30, 2015, 4:31:42 PM7/30/15
to Polymer, komo...@google.com

Sai Roshan Chhetri

Aug 2, 2015, 6:45:12 PM8/2/15
to Polymer, komo...@google.com

Sai Roshan Chhetri

Aug 4, 2015, 7:06:58 PM8/4/15
to Polymer, komo...@google.com

Sai Roshan Chhetri

Aug 14, 2015, 11:24:13 AM8/14/15
to Polymer, komo...@google.com

roshan.ch...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2015, 11:23:09 AM8/17/15
to Polymer
Can someone answer this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32052415/polymer-1-0-handling-dynamically-created-paper-input ? Let me now if there is any other way of implementing this

Nejat

Oct 6, 2015, 8:53:46 PM10/6/15
to Polymer
I have a question about web component tester and es6, would really like to be able to test es6 derived web components before i continue but was unable to with wct

the original question

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32957704/how-do-you-test-polymer-components-written-in-es6-es2015-with-web-component-test

pedrocal...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 2:27:45 AM3/7/16
to Polymer

vanitab...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2016, 9:05:16 AM4/11/16
to Polymer

kora...@hotmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 9:51:12 AM6/21/16
to Polymer
Hello!

I would like to ask something about PDMS. I want to make a gel with PDMS and i don't know how. Inside the gel a want to mix magnetic nano-particles but i don't know the way and the procedure of making PDMS like a gel.

Thanks

marta.g...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2016, 7:53:33 AM9/2/16
to Polymer
Hello Alex,

I have posted a question on stackoverflow. I really hope you to receive answer soon.
You can see it following link below:

Thank you.
Best
Marta

nawras albaghdadi

Oct 13, 2016, 11:40:08 AM10/13/16
to Polymer
I'm new to the polymer . trying to start my new project using it , but when I tried it and used the custom elements I notice that in the HTML when you inspect the page elements you see it has a lot of style tags and scripts tags

also ,  when viewing the page source the page looks empty , so
1 ) how the search engine will work with this  ?
2) and the shadow dom won't affect the SEO ?
3) and what about all the style and scripts tags inside the body of the page  , won't affect the search engine?

thanks

Eric Bidelman

Oct 13, 2016, 12:06:27 PM10/13/16
to nawras albaghdadi, Polymer
Check out the resources on https://twitter.com/ebidel/status/781197133072347136. There are some good explanations there.

Basics:
- Use the standard best practices and you're all set...<title>, anchors instead of JS, metadata, json-ld, appropriate hierarchies etc.
- Search engines that can crawl and execute JS (Google) have no problem with Shadow/Shady DOM. They see the final composed DOM tree.
- If you use a single tag like <my-app> , search engines that don't execute JS may have issues surfacing your content. Try to use light dom as much as possible for important content (titles, main text content). Shadow DOM should be used for implementation details of your components.

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.

nawras albaghdadi

Oct 13, 2016, 12:15:55 PM10/13/16
to Polymer, nawras.a...@gmail.com
thanks, Eric
 what about style tags, and polymer elements has style tags inside with js script tags and content goes inside templates tags, will search engine won't be effected of any , <style> and <script> and will read the content inside?
and in the google best practice for SEO inline style is not one of it , also it increases the page size ?

Eric Bidelman

Oct 13, 2016, 2:43:03 PM10/13/16
to nawras albaghdadi, Polymer
I'm not sure what search engines do with <style> information other than determine things like visibility.

longvuh...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 9:17:14 AM11/9/17
to Polymer
for (;;);{"__ar":1,"payload":null,"bootloadable":{},"ixData":{},"gkxData":{},"lid":"6486414818891309297"}

Vào 02:28:26 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 13 tháng 2 năm 2014, Alex Komoroske đã viết:
[bcc polymer-thông báo]

Cho đến thời điểm này, cách tốt nhất để có được các câu hỏi do các chuyên gia Polymer trả lời là gửi e-mail cho polymer-dev, danh sách gửi thư chung của chúng tôi. Điều đó có hiệu quả, nhưng các câu hỏi và câu trả lời trộn lẫn với rất nhiều e-mail khác trong danh sách, làm cho chúng khó có thể tìm thấy sau này - đặc biệt là cho các thành viên mới của cộng đồng.

Đó là lý do tại sao chúng tôi khuyên bạn nên đặt các câu hỏi chung trên stackoverflow.com , được gắn thẻ với "polymer" (hoặc, nếu câu hỏi của bạn không cụ thể đối với Polymer, "các thành phần web"). Nhóm Polymer sẽ theo dõi các câu hỏi mới ở đó và đảm bảo bạn nhận được câu trả lời.

Nếu bạn muốn theo dõi cùng, bạn có thể đăng ký nhận thông báo qua email cho thẻ polymer trên stackoverflow.com (ghé thăm http://stackoverflow.com/tags/polymer / info , di chuột qua thẻ 'polymer' và nhấn ' đăng ký ').

Tất nhiên, polymer-dev vẫn là một nơi tuyệt vời để nói về tất cả mọi thứ Polymer.

--Alex

longvuh...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2018, 5:25:47 PM1/21/18
to Polymer

Vào 21:17:14 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 09 tháng 11 năm 2017, longvuh...@gmail.com đã viết:

dat...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2018, 12:26:50 AM2/3/18
to Polymer

Polymer setup Errors: npm vs nvm node setup, Bower errors, browser errors, polymer doesn't start errors. Polymer team, would you please publish a setup guide that works?

Karl Tiedt

Feb 3, 2018, 12:57:15 AM2/3/18
to dat...@gmail.com, Polymer
The Polymer 2 guide is pretty rock solid... have you tried reading the actual documentation on the Polymer website?

https://www.polymer-project.org/2.0/start/

-Karl Tiedt

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:26 PM, <dat...@gmail.com> wrote:

Polymer setup Errors: npm vs nvm node setup, Bower errors, browser errors, polymer doesn't start errors. Polymer team, would you please publish a setup guide that works?

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/713b98dd-e53a-4e82-90cb-66348f4dcbc5%40googlegroups.com.

Morris Q

Feb 3, 2018, 4:17:41 PM2/3/18
to Karl Tiedt, Polymer
I've Read the The Polymer 2 guide to the teeth. and tries 5 times on fresh installs.
The guide is neither rock or solid, otherwise I would have silently moved on like with the dozen web platforms/libraries/tools I use.
If you have some useful guidance, please hit me, otherwise I do not need no cockiness.
I would just move on with my team, to other well documented platforms/libraries/tools.

Morris R.

Karl Tiedt

Feb 3, 2018, 5:05:50 PM2/3/18
to Morris Q, Polymer
There was no cockiness involved in my last response, in fact, I explained every situation you described and they were all attributed to *user error*. It would behove you to not spread your discussions across multiple lists...

So for reference *again*. Here is the answer to your misunderstandings.

You clearly need to understand terminal / command line better, none of these are indications of failing or broken.
Details in line.

-Karl Tiedt

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 12:30 AM, <dat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is a description:
Under Root - Screen is frozen
[root@vm45 my-app]# polymer serve
info:    Files in this directory are available under the following URLs
      applications: http://127.0.0.1:8081
      reusable components: http://127.0.0.1:8081/components/my-app/

It's not "frozen", its a running application. Polymer serve creates a server at the URLs listed above... if you open your browser to one of those you'll see your project...
ctrl+c will kill it.

Under admin - Polymer command not found
@vm45 my-app]$ polymer serve
-bash: polymer: command not found

NPM doesn't install commands for all users unless you configure your paths to do so...

-Karl Tiedt

sh...@shawntalbert.com

Feb 28, 2018, 7:35:07 PM2/28/18
to Polymer
I wish polymer general chat was on gitter rather than Slack. Gitter is so much better for technical chat.

Karl Tiedt

Feb 28, 2018, 7:51:01 PM2/28/18
to sh...@shawntalbert.com, Polymer
How exactly does the platform affect the quality of the chat? In my experience gitter is kludgey and awkward... But the few times I've used it that didn't affect people's quality of responses... Why would slack?

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.

abhinavk...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2019, 7:51:30 PM6/11/19
to Polymer
Hi Alex,

One thing that really concerns me as a developer who loves using Polymer and working at an org that is adopting Polymer for multiple web projects is that there was no mention of Polymer at Google IO 2019. Do you know why Polymer got no mention?

Regards,
Abhi

Matthew McNulty

Jun 12, 2019, 1:34:06 PM6/12/19
to abhinavk...@gmail.com, Polymer
Hey Abhi,

First of all, thanks for being a fan and user of Polymer. We're super happy you love using it!

We gave one talk at I/O this year, a video version of which will be up about a week. Beyond that, we elected not to participate much in I/O this year. It came at an awkward time in our development calendar without many clear new things to announce, and I/O can be somewhat crowded with announcements. So we decided to limit our presence this year.

The good news is Polymer is strong and growing, and we're working on a lot of new things we'll be talking about publicly soon. Stay tuned!

-Matt

Follow Polymer on Google+: plus.google.com/107187849809354688692

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Polymer" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/polymer-dev/61e7d801-cb4a-46df-a0c2-1989579905fd%40googlegroups.com.

gentia...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2019, 11:27:32 PM7/24/19
to Polymer