[PublicLab] Question: Why we see red image when using blue filter? (#23784)

notifi...@publiclab.org

Jun 5, 2020, 11:22:00 AM6/5/20
to notifi...@publiclab.org

Public Lab contributor wangmeising97 just asked a question entitled 'Why we see red image when using blue filter?':

Help them by posting an answer here: https://publiclab.org/questions/wangmeising97/06-05-2020/why-we-see-red-image-when-using-blue-filter

I am using Pi NoIR camera with blue filter for my final year project on NDVI image analysis.

I get the concept of the blue filter will block the red light, while leaving most NIR in RED channel while Visible light will be captured in BLUE channel.

However in this case when the red light is blocked by the blue filter, why the image will reddish in color?

I cant find any explanation, looking for help! Thanks

Below is the image taken by Pi NoIR camera with blue filter. image description

Here is my NDVI image taken in indoor environment under white led light. image description

It cant really differentiate the background and the leaf. I have tried using different AWB settings. Any suggestion?

You received this email because you are subscribed to some or all of the following tags: infragram,question:infragram,first-time-poster.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/infragram,question:infragram,first-time-poster.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.