How to do "Edit ,s/foo/bar/g" using 9p

vbnut

Jan 27, 2021, 3:17:52 PM1/27/21
to plan9port-dev
Is there any way to write a shell script that uses 9p(1) and  and acme(4) to do the equivalent of "Edit ,s/foo/bar/g" to an acme window?

Thanks.

Jacob Vosmaer

Jan 27, 2021, 3:27:52 PM1/27/21
to t6p0...@sneakemail.com, plan9port-dev
Not the same thing, but you could grab the window contents with 9p read, run it through sam, and put the result back in.

Op wo 27 jan. 2021 om 21:17 schreef vbnut <t6p0...@sneakemail.com>:
Is there any way to write a shell script that uses 9p(1) and  and acme(4) to do the equivalent of "Edit ,s/foo/bar/g" to an acme window?

Thanks.

vbnut

Jan 27, 2021, 4:06:45 PM1/27/21
to plan9port-dev
Interesting!  I hadn't thought of using sam (or ssam or awk for that matter).  Its a possible workaround, but, I was hoping there was a way to get acme to do the work.

Martin Kühl

Jan 28, 2021, 2:12:40 AM1/28/21
to t6p0...@sneakemail.com, plan9port-dev
If you're really sure you want to do that you could do something like
https://github.com/mkhl/cmd/blob/master/acme/acmeeval/main.go: add the
command to the window's tag and synthesize a button 2 event for the
command text.