Issues with mouse cursor / pointer

douglas....@nhs.net

Oct 29, 2021, 7:09:23 AM10/29/21
to pinnacle3-users
Hi

We are having issues with our mouse cursor / pointer and I wondered if anyone else has ever experienced the same.  The issue is that the symbol displayed by the mouse cursor does not match the function that is selected.  For example, when the pan function is selected, the symbol may not show a hand.  The same is true for the other functions like scrolling and zooming, but also for using the paint brush when contouring and the double arrows which should show when dragging the edge of a window to change it's size.

This has been investigated by Philips and locally but we have not been able to find the cause yet.    It is highly likely to be due to some sort of network issue but we are not exactly sure yet.

We are running OVDC V3.2 64-bit on windows 10 build 1909, Pinnacle V16.2.1 (but the issue happens on other versions of Pinnacle too), Solaris 11.3 and SunRay software V5.4.4.0.34 with operating system 11.1.5.0.34.  Very specific I know but better than being vague.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Doug

James Ward

Oct 29, 2021, 7:22:22 AM10/29/21
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Doug,

We had similar problems

But not as common now.

Adjusted network settings which I am sure you have tried but in case you haven’t

This helped with us but does still happen very intermittently  if it does we log out and try again and in worse case reboot the server.

Hope this helps

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pinnacle3-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pinnacle3-users/2d181a84-616e-477f-8896-9115dcc9915en%40googlegroups.com.

Attention:

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PRINTING THIS E-MAIL.

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, publication, or copying of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by email at it.he...@galwayclinic.com and delete the e-mail from your system. Whilst we take reasonable precautions to ensure that data generated by us has been swept for viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. Galway Clinic makes no guarantee and accepts no responsibility in this regard. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Galway Clinic. Messages to or from Galway Clinic may be monitored to ensure compliance with the company's policies and standards and to protect our business.

Galway Clinic Doughiska Limited. Registered office: Galway Clinic, Doughiska, Galway. Registration no. 369921

douglas....@nhs.net

Oct 29, 2021, 9:11:22 AM10/29/21
to pinnacle3-users
Hi James

Thanks for your reply.  My colleague has been 'playing' with these values and sometimes it does improve for a while.  But always, the issue returns.  It's strange, we have had all new Pinnacle hardware installed and it is only an issue on the New installation.  We are still using the 'old' hardware and have no issues.  You'd think the issue would be relatively easy to identify given it happens with one and not the other. But that has not been the case.

Would you mind sharing with me which centre you work in?   No worries if you don't want to.  Philips tell us they've not seen this issue anywhere else.

Many thanks

Doug

James Ward

Nov 4, 2021, 11:13:24 AM11/4/21