Q2-PRICRUSt2 output cannot add descriptions for Ko numbers

hanyan li

Mar 30, 2021, 3:27:36 PM3/30/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin,

I have a problem in adding the description to the KOs in the generated KO_metagenomic file.

Here are what I did:

 1: I run the qiime vsearch cluster-feature-closed-reference and used the clustered sequence and tables for the picrust2 full-pipeline analysis.

 2. Then I did the following two steps to get the KO metageonomic prediction table, which are shown in the tutorial.

$qiime tools export --input-path ko_metagenome.qza --output-path ko_output &

$biom convert -i feature-table.biom  -o feature-table_ko.biom.tsv --to-tsv &

3. Then I found the generated table only has KO numbers but no name or description.

I tried to add them by using the following command

$add_descriptions.py -i feature-table_ko.biom.tsv -o feature-table_ko_description.biom.tsv --custom_map_table /usr/local/miniconda3/envs/qiime2-2019.10/lib/python3.6/site-packages/picrust2/default_files/description_mapfiles/KEGG_pathways_info.tsv.gz &

$add_descriptions.py -i feature-table_ko.biom.tsv -o feature-table_ko_description.biom.tsv -m ko &

However, none of them work and gives me errors of Error: no function ids in input table are found in the provided mapfile

Is there a way that I can fix the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Hanyan Li

Gavin Douglas

Mar 31, 2021, 9:06:39 AM3/31/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

That script is meant to add the description column to the output of the standalone version of PICRUSt2. The headerline is slightly different from the biom table you’re working with.

Specifically if you change your BIOM file to start like this then it should work:

function        100CHE6KO       101CHE6WT       102CHE6WT       ...
EC:1.1.1.1      1432.0  1967.5  1408.5  ...
EC:1.1.1.100    2034.0  2748.16 2443.5  ...
EC:1.1.1.103    0.0     0.0     0.0     ...

Cheers,

Gavin

hanyan li

Mar 31, 2021, 10:49:54 AM3/31/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it works now.

Cheers,

Gavin

Mashuk Siddiquee

Apr 6, 2021, 7:17:01 PM4/6/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi hanyan,
Could you please share your script to resolve the issue? I am also facing the same issue.
Thanks
Mashuk

Cheers,

Gavin

Regards

Mashuk Siddiquee

E-mail: mashu...@gmail.com

hanyan li

Apr 6, 2021, 8:44:26 PM4/6/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mashuk,

I just manually edited the header, basically you just need to deleted the first line and type ‘’function” into the first cell in the row with all other sample names.

Thanks,
Hanyan

Cheers,

Gavin