kegg pathway

Elizabeth Aceves

Jul 5, 2021, 5:28:21 PM7/5/21
to picrust-users
Hi !

I have been working with PICRUSt2 output, but I have a doubt.
I know that i need a map of KEGG orthologs to KEGG pathways for running pathway_pipeline.py
My question is: how can I get this map?

Thanks.
Elizabeth

Gavin Douglas

Jul 5, 2021, 6:56:28 PM7/5/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
Hi there this FAQ post I think will answer your question: https://github.com/picrust/picrust2/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#how-can-i-determine-kegg-pathway-abundances-from-the-predicted-ko-abundances

The map of KOs to pathways is part of hte PICRUSt2 source repo, so you can download that from https://github.com/picrust/picrust2/ to get the mapfile (the filepath is shown at the above FAQ).

You can download the latest mapping of KOs to pathways (that I am not able to distribute due to licensing restrictions) from the KEGG website’s API, as long as you’re doing non-commercial research.

Cheers,

Gavin

Elizabeth Aceves

Jul 5, 2021, 9:53:34 PM7/5/21
to picrus...@googlegroups.com
It really helped me!
Thank you so much!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "picrust-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/picrust-users/D0AE4EF4-B959-4F0F-BA7C-FFA6B79CAFB2%40gmail.com.