Extended paper

Bjørn-Jostein Singstad

Aug 20, 2022, 7:55:53 PM8/20/22
to physionet-challenges
Dear Organizers

In the previous year there has been a possibility to write an extended paper to a special issue after the competition is finished. Will there be an equal opportunity this year?

BR
Bjørn-Jostein

PhysioNet Challenge

Aug 20, 2022, 8:14:39 PM8/20/22
to Bjørn-Jostein Singstad, physionet-challenges
Dear Bjørn-Jostein,

We intend to run a focus issue in a journal be after the conclusion of the challenge. However, per the announcement yesterday we want to try a new approach and have asked teams post a preprint of their extended article on the health sciences preprint medRxiv.org. As we noted:

We will encourage the open (pre)peer-review of the papers before submitting them to a journal for a more expeditious review process. We will use these peer-reviews to help us determine the best papers to invite to a focus issue for expedited peer-review and publication. We ask all teams to announce their medRxiv preprint via the Challenge Google Group, and encourage members of other teams (and colleagues) to comment on the article. We have posted our preprint on medRxiv:
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.08.11.22278688v1

We hope all participants (or indeed anyone with domain knowledge) will provide us with direct feedback via medRxiv and also provide all other teams with feedback on their articles. We believe this open exchange of ideas will result in the research community being more closely involved in the co-creation of the outputs and impact of the challenge.

All the best

Gari