New Meeting Location

iamtheevil1

Jun 8, 2019, 4:38:44 PM6/8/19
to PHX2600
Since we have been kicked out of Lux and don't plan on going back, I wish to compile a list of new meeting places going forward.
It needs to be big enough to fit us all and ideally have a party room.
So far, we have:

The Porch

The Duce

Walter Station

The Grand

Chris Kankiewicz

Jun 8, 2019, 4:40:00 PM6/8/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Additionally a projector or large TV for presentations would be great.

--
Chris Kankiewicz • Passionate PHP Developer

https://www.ChrisKankiewicz.com

Yael Grauer

Jun 8, 2019, 5:10:55 PM6/8/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
I love the Grand!

Bonus Round has a projector that they let us use when I spoke at Nerd Nite a while back, plus there are video games... but it is loud.

Also, Puzzled Pint meets at different bars/restaurants each month; maybe worth digging through their site. Usually about 20 of us doing puzzle games.

The Coronado might be an option; they have an outdoor area where they've done events like open mics but not sure about a projector.

Also I've had a lot of meetings at that Cornish Pasty place... probably no projector, though.

Then there's the Churchill which has a huge outside place that I always use when I need to get a dozen people together for drinks. (Doubt there's a projector, though.)

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 1:38 PM iamtheevil1 <iamth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yael Grauer
website: https://yaelwrites.com
portfolio: http://yaelgrauer.contently.com
GPG: 05FE F0A4 9818 B441 32AF  B8D2 44C8 13FF F374 4427

marcia wilbur

Jun 8, 2019, 7:51:12 PM6/8/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com

Nate Plamondon

Jun 10, 2019, 12:36:21 PM6/10/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
PHX2600 is still very welcome at HeatSync Labs, and we meet all the criteria.
--
Nate Plamondon

Jack Pallance

Jun 10, 2019, 2:19:43 PM6/10/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nate,

it may yet still come to that, however we originally moved it away from HSL due to dwindling numbers in favor of a more central location.

Kind regards

-jp

Chris Kankiewicz

Jun 10, 2019, 4:30:00 PM6/10/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
I'd personally like to bring the meetings back to HeatSync. Lux was a worse location for me and I'd probably start going again more regularly if we moved back to HSL. That being said I understand if it's not the best location for the most people.

--
Chris Kankiewicz • Passionate PHP Developer

https://www.ChrisKankiewicz.com

Casey Dekker

Jun 10, 2019, 5:09:58 PM6/10/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com

Jack Pallance

Jun 14, 2019, 11:29:28 PM6/14/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
I have scouted out and found a new place better than Lux that meets our needs and more.
Changing Hands Bookstore
It's at 3rd ave and CamelBack so it's right next to the light rail.
It has:
Projector
Bar
Bookstore
Coffee
Back room for cheap

I'll front the cost cuz its like 50 bucks an hour - literally nothing. Lux wanted 200 for the side room and wouldn't let us use the projector.
Unless anyone else has any other suggestions for me to scout out and report, I am for this one.

--joe

Chris Kankiewicz

Jun 15, 2019, 2:04:07 PM6/15/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com
The place sounds great, but I'm hesitant to hold meetings anywhere that charges a fee (especially $50/hr, WTF?!) even if someone is willing to front this cost. This concerns me for multiple reasons. In the event that person can't make a meeting or stops attending all together someone else will have to front the cost or meetings will have to move. Or, we start asking for admission which goes against official rule #1. Additionally, while it's unlikely, there's the chance the person(s) paying for the meeting space could develop the attitude of "I'm paying for this space so I control the meetings/attendees".

All things considered, I'd vote to meet in a sub-par, free location than one with a fee.

--
Chris Kankiewicz • Passionate PHP Developer

https://www.ChrisKankiewicz.com

Jack Pallance

Jun 15, 2019, 4:00:07 PM6/15/19
to phx...@googlegroups.com